Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 08-01-2012, 03:59 PM   #1
Phyxius
Phyxius began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-650
calibre library from one computer to another

I managed to migrate my calibre library from my old laptop to my new one. Both of them have the same OS and also the same calibre version.
The structure of both libraries are the same including the settings, see attachment:
- Sending books to device
- Customize SONY Device Interface
- Common Options > Page setup
- Saving books to disk

And now what I could not manage and hope some out there likes me:
When synchronizing my e-reader with the calibre library on my old laptop I get also the correct book series amount but when synchronizing the same e-reader with my calibre library on my new laptop the book series amount is 0 (zero). In other words calibre on my new laptop does not create the correct book series information on my e-reader.

Some relevant information:
Windows 7 ultimate 64bits
Calibre 0.8.61
Sony PRS-650

I hope some can tell me what I am missing here.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Sending books to device.PNG
Views:	195
Size:	133.8 KB
ID:	90029   Click image for larger version

Name:	Saving books to disk.PNG
Views:	169
Size:	131.1 KB
ID:	90030   Click image for larger version

Name:	Customize SONY Device Interface.PNG
Views:	171
Size:	63.2 KB
ID:	90031  
Phyxius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 04:06 PM   #2
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Did you have a metadata plugboard active on the old PC? Preferences | Import/Export | Metadata plugboard ?
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-01-2012, 04:16 PM   #3
Phyxius

No I did not use that option so that ould not be it but good suggestion, see attachment.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	metadata plugboards.PNG
Views:	161
Size:	94.5 KB
ID:	90032  

Last edited by Phyxius; 08-01-2012 at 04:19 PM.
Old 08-01-2012, 07:37 PM   #4
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Did you change any tweaks? There are two tweaks that are for collections on SONY ereaders. One has two options for the names of the collections.

Also, when you copied the library over to the new computer, did you copy the contents of the calibre configuration directory, or just the library? The last time I did this, I copied the directory over after installing calibre and it saved me redoing all the configuration and reinstalling the plugins. I'm not sure if it is a Kovid approved method, but if it works...
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 12:02 AM   #5
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phyxius View Post
And now what I could not manage and hope some out there likes me:
When synchronizing my e-reader with the calibre library on my old laptop I get also the correct book series amount but when synchronizing the same e-reader with my calibre library on my new laptop the book series amount is 0 (zero). In other words calibre on my new laptop does not create the correct book series information on my e-reader.
I'm curious, where are you expecting to see the series index?
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-02-2012, 05:16 PM   #6
Phyxius

@davidfor
Tweaks settings that are related to Sony e-reader are the same, see attachment.
Good idea about the configuration directory but I would not know how and if it is undoable when it go’s bad. Could you please explain further.

@dwanthny
If I use my old laptop I get a collection (series) amount of 152 and with my new laptop a collection (series) amount of 4, see attachment. I would aspect this amount to be the same because the library and the settings are the same. Well I am missing something so something is not the same.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	sorted.png
Views:	167
Size:	241.6 KB
ID:	90070   Click image for larger version

Name:	renaming.png
Views:	189
Size:	267.2 KB
ID:	90071   Click image for larger version

Name:	collections.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	113.1 KB
ID:	90072  
Old 08-02-2012, 08:01 PM   #7
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
@davidfor
Tweaks settings that are related to Sony e-reader are the same, see attachment.
Good idea about the configuration directory but I would not know how and if it is undoable when it go’s bad. Could you please explain further.
The configuration directory on Windows 7 is in C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\calibre. You can copy the contents of this directory to the euqivalent place on the new machine. If the users and location of the claibre library is the same on both machines, you don't need to do anything more. But, this is how I handle it:

- Install calibre on new machine
- Zip up the config directory on the new machine as a backup
- Copy the libraries to the new machine. I keep the basic structure of my machines the same, so they go to the same place.
- Copy the calibre config directory to the new machine replacing the existing directory.
- Startup calibre. Everything should be identical.

One thing that did occur to me while writing the above, is if the drive letter for the ereader changed. I don't know if this is used by calibre anywhere (other than in writing files) but it is recorded in the "driveinfo.calibre" file calibre puts on the ereader (or at least my Kobo Touch).
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 01:01 AM   #8
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
If I use my old laptop I get a collection (series) amount of 152 and with my new laptop a collection (series) amount of 4, see attachment. I would aspect this amount to be the same because the library and the settings are the same. Well I am missing something so something is not the same.
If you want collections to be created on your device based on series then you need to add series to your device plugin (see attached).

To make sure those series collections are in order set the Sony sort tweak for collections (see attached.)
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	device_plugin.jpg
Views:	181
Size:	130.7 KB
ID:	90082   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sony_tweak.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	182.6 KB
ID:	90083  

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 08-03-2012 at 01:06 AM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 06:30 PM   #9
Phyxius

Thumbs up

first off, thank you both.

@dwanthny
The settings you gave me offcourse worked as it should. It sorted the series from the calibre library as collection on my e-reader.
In practice it would be better (in my case) if the authors from the calibre library would be created as collection on my e-reader. So I changed the input that “dwanthny” suggested until I found the setting I needed.
In the end I found two think; 1# the corrected settings to create what I needed and 2# Why I could not solve it before. Namely I was to fixated on the differences between library thereby I could not see the one letter missing. Although it worked on the previous (old) laptop the corrected input is “Authors” instead “Author”. In the attachment you will find all settings that I used.

Again Thanks and if you any suggestions I would be very interested.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	tweak renaming.PNG
Views:	152
Size:	244.2 KB
ID:	90216   Click image for larger version

Name:	devices.PNG
Views:	146
Size:	109.6 KB
ID:	90217   Click image for larger version

Name:	disk.PNG
Views:	143
Size:	101.1 KB
ID:	90218   Click image for larger version

Name:	plugin authors done.PNG
Views:	161
Size:	55.5 KB
ID:	90219   Click image for larger version

Name:	collection 152.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	43.5 KB
ID:	90220  

Last edited by Phyxius; 08-05-2012 at 06:32 PM.