Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 05-05-2012, 04:02 PM   #1
Jnassise
Jnassise can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.Jnassise can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.Jnassise can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.Jnassise can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.Jnassise can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.Jnassise can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.Jnassise can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.Jnassise can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.Jnassise can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.Jnassise can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.Jnassise can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.

Device: Sony Reader
Help with export re: isbns

I'm interested in exporting my 4000+ book library into a csv file for import into Goodreads.

Without realizing it, I seem to have collected both isbns and Amazon ASINs automatically into the ISBN field of my database (perhaps through auto download of metadata?)

Is there a way to bulk edit the isbn field so that only one isbn is contained in it? I'd rather not do this by hand with a library of this time. (Or, conversely, is there a way to clean up the csv file so that Goodreads will accept it?)

Thanks,
Joe
Jnassise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 01:20 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jnassise View Post
I'm interested in exporting my 4000+ book library into a csv file for import into Goodreads.
Or, conversely, is there a way to clean up the csv file so that Goodreads will accept it?
Between the sample CSV file provided on this page of the Goodreads site and the create a catalog feature (see attached) that will export the data you select as a CSV file you should be good to go.

Additionally once you do the major import you can keep your calibre library and Goodreads in sync using the Goodreads Sync plugin.

Good Luck.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	createcatalog.jpg
Views:	173
Size:	82.9 KB
ID:	86126  

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 05-06-2012 at 06:12 AM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-06-2012, 05:18 AM   #3
tilia
Evangelist
tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage, K3
You can remove the amazon ids using search&replace.

Select the books with amazon-ids, choose search&replace under edit metadata.

Search-mode: regular expressions
Search field: identifiers
Identifiers type: amazon
Search for: .*
and don't type anything in the replace field

This should remove Asins, and keep the isbns. But please backup your library before you try!
tilia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 06:08 AM   #4
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
@Jnassise I may not have been clear in my previous post. You do not have to remove any identifiers because the create catalog feature will allow the exporting of just the ISBNs (see attached) to the CSV formatted catalog. You do not need to include all of the identifiers if you only choose isbn that is all that you will get. No amazon numbers will be in the created csv file.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	selectcatalogitems.jpg
Views:	178
Size:	78.0 KB
ID:	86129  

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 05-06-2012 at 06:11 AM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote