Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 08-04-2010, 02:05 PM   #1
luthar28
Enthusiast
luthar28 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Cover inside book

Okay, I've been primarily doing mobi books (created from an HTML file). Recently, the publisher has requested an epub version as well. I'm using Calibre to convert the HTML, adding the Meta data (in Calibre), the cover and exporting. Since it's already clean HTML and CSS, it's a simple process.

However, the only problem I seem to be having is the cover artwork. While it shows up in certain programs (such as Calibre, or Adobe Digitial) it won't show up in Stanza.

Check that -- it'll show up in the bookshelf of Stanza, but won't actually show up when you start reading the book (it gives it a blank page, and Stanza Desktop simply says UNKNOWN).

Any ideas how I'd correct/find this?
luthar28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 02:10 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
In the conversion options under epub output check the no svg cover option
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-04-2010, 02:17 PM   #3
charleski
Wizard
charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
The problem is probably that the html for the cover image contains SVG code, which I don't think Stanza supports. If you need to see it in Stanza you'll have to strip out the SVG and replace it with a block using a style class like
.img { height: 100%; max-width: 100%}
charleski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 05:32 PM   #4
luthar28
Enthusiast
luthar28 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Works great (and it's nice and easy!). Now will the cover display correctly in all the other formats? I am unfamiliar with the SVG setting.
luthar28 is offline   Reply With Quote