Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 04-03-2009, 06:09 PM   #1
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Rupert Murdoch wants in on the e-book action

via Engadget.

http://www.engadget.com/2009/04/03/r...e-book-action/

http://mediamemo.allthingsd.com/2009...d-jeff-bewkes/

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 09:21 PM   #2
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
I wish the reporting was a little more exacting but...

Just way too many discussed topics that were a little disturbing. I really received the feeling that "they" were the "Big" guys looking down/discussing "us" the "little" guys.

..."Big" guys need to get out there quick to find a way to securely control and charge for content before "free" gets to be too expected.

...an eReader that would strive to be a better "Kindle" and especially since you would have to pay for content. (news / etc)

.....trying to find a way to stop free viewing of internet content (news / shows)... maybe if you already pay for home service you could view online for free .... but not if you don't use home subscriptions?

... trying to find a way around Google grabbing content for free viewing...

O.K., I don't know if I interpreted the above correctly but I am having flash-backs to the time when we all laughed about having to actually PAY for television. I am, also, thinking forward to a possibility of paying an additional fee on top of my regular internet connection just to continue what I do now.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-04-2009, 12:10 AM   #3
fugazied
Wizard
fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: iPod Touch
Could have more details in the reports, but if anyone can bring EBooks to the masses, it's Murdoch.

I can already see the potential, Fox news simultaneously broadcasted for ebook readers?
I guess Murdoch also wants all of his trashy mags as ebooks.
fugazied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 09:56 AM   #4
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
A similar article from The Guardian, from May 7, 2009.
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote