Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 10-27-2011, 01:34 PM   #16
RoxyJ
Junior Book Zombie
RoxyJ is faster than slow light.RoxyJ is faster than slow light.RoxyJ is faster than slow light.RoxyJ is faster than slow light.RoxyJ is faster than slow light.RoxyJ is faster than slow light.RoxyJ is faster than slow light.RoxyJ is faster than slow light.RoxyJ is faster than slow light.RoxyJ is faster than slow light.RoxyJ is faster than slow light.

Device: Kindle 3, iPhone, ipad
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokee View Post
This is correct - and it is a Kobo store only coupon / promotion for current Kobo ereader owners, so I am not sure if they have a way to verify that or not.

STILL - my coupon applied correctly, but my invoice that got emailed to me did NOT have the discounted price! GRRRR!

AND - I cannot figure out a way to check my invoice on my account. When I go to 'my purchases' in the Kobo store, it only has my e-book purchases. I emailed Kobo to ask about it...so hopefully they can clear it up before my card is charged...
Can you call your credit card? They should be able to tell you what was charged. I'm sure if you have your receipt from the purchase, they'll look into it (I heard that Kobo customer service was really slow, so contacting your credit card may be faster?)
RoxyJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 02:02 PM   #17
pokee
Fanatic
pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.

Device: Kobo WiFi, Kobo Glo, Kobo Vox, Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Tab2
The only invoice I have is the one they emailed me (without the coupon applied). I cannot find any reference to my applied coupon at all (except my original email saying that if I preorder prior to Oct. 28, I can use the coupon).

They can just tell me 'Sorry - you didn't use the coupon, so you don't get the discount'. I have no recourse except to hope that someone nice at Kobo support gives me a $10 credit or something.

I have a feeling it's because their 'pre-order' sign on the website was down as of yesterday. Maybe they stopped honouring the coupon at some point this week, since sales were so high??? You can still 'apply' the coupon (I just tried), so it should still go through that way. I am just hoping it was an online glitch of some sort and the correct amount will be charged to my account. I think my credit card will only be charged once they ship, so I am not sure my cc company would be of any help?

I knew I should've done a screen print of my order summary before I hit submit! I do that sometimes out of fear of the total changing upon submission of online orders...

Last edited by pokee; 10-27-2011 at 02:06 PM.
pokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-27-2011, 03:37 PM   #18
kklee
kklee is on a distinguished road

Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Vox
My invoice just showed up via email and I noticed that the $10 discount didn't get applied. I just sent them an email to find out why.

The only reason I ordered directly from Kobo was the discount. I have a Best Buy gift card and could have bought it from there instead.
kklee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 04:15 PM   #19
JCKobo
Kobo Product Guy
JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

Device: Kobo Vox
pokee / kklee - please PM me your Order #s and I will investigate if the $10 was applied or not. Worst case, we can provide you a $10 store credit for books.

We'll sort this.

JC
JCKobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 04:33 PM   #20
JCKobo
Kobo Product Guy
JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spikexp View Post
How do you manage to apply the coupons, I've tried many time but it say it's invalid?
I just placed a test order and can confirm it is still working. I believe the expiry date is tomorrow.

JC
Advert
Old 10-27-2011, 04:43 PM   #21
pokee
Fanatic
pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCKobo View Post
pokee / kklee - please PM me your Order #s and I will investigate if the $10 was applied or not. Worst case, we can provide you a $10 store credit for books.

We'll sort this.

JC
Thanks JC - sent my info to you via PM.
Old 10-27-2011, 05:08 PM   #22
JCKobo
Kobo Product Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokee View Post
Thanks JC - sent my info to you via PM.
Got it - you should be all set. You too kklee!

JC
Old 10-27-2011, 05:11 PM   #23
pokee
Fanatic

Just in case this happens to anyone else today, JC confirmed that I was charged the full amount, so I got a store credit for the $10 coupon that did not appear on my invoice. I am happy! JC saves the day, again! Thanks JC!!!!!
Old 10-27-2011, 05:12 PM   #24
borisb
Addict
borisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it is

Device: enTourage eDGe, Pocket eDGe, Kobo Vox, Kobo Touch, Asus Eee Note
I'm new to Kobo readers (I've been a long time buyer of their books, though) and I'm quite impressed at a Kobo Rep actively involved in this "third party" forum
borisb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 05:20 PM   #25
pokee
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by borisb View Post
I'm new to Kobo readers (I've been a long time buyer of their books, though) and I'm quite impressed at a Kobo Rep actively involved in this "third party" forum
I know, right?! Wouldn't get that type of service anywhere else for electronics!!! I've already gushed a few times over JC...
Old 10-27-2011, 06:28 PM   #26
kklee
kklee is on a distinguished road

Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Vox
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCKobo View Post

We'll sort this.

JC
All sorted out now, thanks to JCKobo. https://www2.mobileread.com/i/smiliestext/thankyou.gif
kklee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 08:06 PM   #27
emilikins
Short One in the Stacks
emilikins can program the VCR without an owner's manual.emilikins can program the VCR without an owner's manual.emilikins can program the VCR without an owner's manual.emilikins can program the VCR without an owner's manual.emilikins can program the VCR without an owner's manual.emilikins can program the VCR without an owner's manual.emilikins can program the VCR without an owner's manual.emilikins can program the VCR without an owner's manual.emilikins can program the VCR without an owner's manual.emilikins can program the VCR without an owner's manual.emilikins can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: HTC Flyer; Kobo WiFi
Coupon worked for me, and at the time of ordering showed a ship date of Oct. 28. I'll be checking my inbox a lot tomorrow! But as other people have said, I can't seem to figure out how to check up on my order. The e-mail has an order number, but I can't seem to find a way to check it on the website.

JCKobo - Are we missing something?
emilikins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 08:11 PM   #28
borisb
Addict
borisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it is

Device: enTourage eDGe, Pocket eDGe, Kobo Vox, Kobo Touch, Asus Eee Note
I don't know if it'll be the same for you, but when I placed my order on Oct 19, there was no way to check the status. Today I received an email indicating I could now check the order using the provided link to an order status page.

So, perhaps there's a lag between placing an order and being able to check its status online...
borisb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 08:15 PM   #29
emilikins
Short One in the Stacks
emilikins can program the VCR without an owner's manual.emilikins can program the VCR without an owner's manual.emilikins can program the VCR without an owner's manual.emilikins can program the VCR without an owner's manual.emilikins can program the VCR without an owner's manual.emilikins can program the VCR without an owner's manual.emilikins can program the VCR without an owner's manual.emilikins can program the VCR without an owner's manual.emilikins can program the VCR without an owner's manual.emilikins can program the VCR without an owner's manual.emilikins can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: HTC Flyer; Kobo WiFi
No email other than the initial one with the invoice and order number. There's likely a lag, like with tracking numbers and whatnot. I'm still anxiously watching my Lenovo order to switch to a cancelled status. They did say it could take a couple days. I just wish they would send me something saying it's in the process of being cancelled, so I have proof if they try to pull anything - like send it and then charge me a restocking fee when I return it.
emilikins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 04:52 AM   #30
Graycee
Enthusiast
Graycee has a spectacular aura aboutGraycee has a spectacular aura aboutGraycee has a spectacular aura aboutGraycee has a spectacular aura aboutGraycee has a spectacular aura aboutGraycee has a spectacular aura aboutGraycee has a spectacular aura aboutGraycee has a spectacular aura aboutGraycee has a spectacular aura aboutGraycee has a spectacular aura aboutGraycee has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kobo Aura, Kindle (2014)
I only received an email about the initial order. I'll be checking email all day today to see if it ships.
Graycee is offline   Reply With Quote