Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 04-04-2013, 01:05 PM   #1
wizwor
Wizard
wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, fire
Anyone Loving a Fanny Pack?

Going to Disney later this month and was looking for something to wear my kindle in. I am interested for both Fire Gen 1 and FireHD 8.9.

thanks!
wizwor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 01:18 PM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
You're wanting to carry them around the parks? I'd go for a backpack (with the device(s) in cases of some sort). I found a backpack to be very useful when walking around the parks so I could cart around various things for myself and others.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 03:03 PM   #3
wizwor
Wizard
wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I considered a small backback, but was hoping for something that would not be in the way for the rides.
Old 04-04-2013, 09:27 PM   #4
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
What about a messenger bag? Those tend to have long enough straps that you can wear it across the front of your body, rather than the back. I wouldn't imagine it would get in the way of the rides any more than a fanny pack large enough to hold both of those.
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 09:53 PM   #5
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Pretty much anything I can think of that's wearable is going to have to come off for rides as to not get in the way of the safety restraints.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 10:38 PM   #6
Fluribus
Guru
Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I hate having my keys and wallet in my pockets so I use one every time I go out. I wouldn't want to be carrying a tablet in my pack.

Mine would carry a 7" tablet, but it would be a tight fit. The larger tablet would require a larger pack. Keep in mind that these things are generally meant to carry small items and do not have hard shells. The pack will be curving to mold to your body. Sitting and being belted into the rides will risk flexing the tablet.
Fluribus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 11:13 PM   #7
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
Those Buxton bags are Great! http://www.heartlandamerica.com/brow...-bag&pin=63597
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 12:18 AM   #8
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
A lot of people carry bags at these types of places. I'm pretty sure I remember them even having restraints for them even when I've gone to Sea World and the like. Hanging your Kindle on your waist would be awkward, any bag that size on your waist would be awkward.

Like someone said, go for a backpack. They're the easiest to deal with as long as you keep it light.
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 09:40 AM   #9
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
Why would you Think Disney would be so boring you Need to take a Kindle along muchless 2. I plan another place to go in that case.
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 09:52 AM   #10
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
When I go to places like that, I wear a cross body bag. It usually doesn't interfere with ride restraints.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 02:45 PM   #11
VaultBoy
Addict
VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle of many shapes, PIPBoy 3000
I use a small water-bladder backpack that I use. It's slim, and fits snug against the body (and has some decent padding, to boot). I couldn't see myself rocking a fanny pack, though. Not without some zubaz pants.
VaultBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 03:46 PM   #12
wizwor
Wizard

Thank all of you. If you have a specific product you love, please post a name, brand, model so I can shop!
Old 04-06-2013, 08:37 PM   #13
wizwor
Wizard

I stopped into Wal-Mart this morning with my Fire and chose an Essential Waiste Pack from Outdoor Products. The case is just big enough to fit the fire inside its case and deep enough to accomodate a wallet and camera. It's very comfortable front and back.

Thanks for your help with this decision!
Old 04-10-2013, 11:07 PM   #14
cjallan
Enthusiast
cjallan doesn't littercjallan doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 2
Well, I see you have already found your bag...

I'll post this anyway, for the benefit of anyone else watching this thread.

Travelon Luggage Anti-Theft Cross-Body Bag
B004RSTXH2 at Amazon
about $35 with Prime shipping available

This is a wonderful bag... just exceedingly well-designed to hold two or three Kindles, plus other must-haves (phone, keys, money, credit cards, etc)... and still fit flat against the body at the back, side, or front.

When I'm wearing it in front, I can fasten my seat belt when in the passenger seat in an automobile. The bulge that accommodates the Kindles is below where the shoulder belt comes across... then it comes up in a nearly flat area that has pockets for flat items... credit cards, money, etc.

The purple color is much prettier than it looks on line... That's what I got... and it also comes in black and brown, probably more acceptable to guys.

A bigger one that looks to be much the same design is about $60 plus shipping

Magellan's Vaultpro Gateway Theftproof Organizer Travel Handbag
Magellan's VaultPro Gateway Handbag is ergonomically contoured to fit slimly and comfortably by your side
B004RSTXH2
cjallan is offline   Reply With Quote