Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Other formats > IMP

Notices

Old 01-10-2008, 10:03 AM   #1
tmaynard
tmaynard began at the beginning.

Device: EB-1150, Motorola Atrix 4G, Dell Streak 7
RB2Project - Does it work?

I have been unable to get RB2Project to work -- it dies complaining that it can't find eBook Publisher (which is installed, of course).

Reading the Perl source the point at which it dies is:
my $proj = Win32::OLE->new("SBPublisher.Project.3");

[Edit:] Since first posting this note I have found the exact string in quotes above in my registry. So now it's even more confusing. [/Edit]

Has anyone made this work? And how?

TIA,
Tom.

Last edited by tmaynard; 01-10-2008 at 10:33 AM.
tmaynard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 10:45 AM   #2
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmaynard View Post
I have been unable to get RB2Project to work -- it dies complaining that it can't find eBook Publisher (which is installed, of course).

Reading the Perl source the point at which it dies is:
my $proj = Win32::OLE->new("SBPublisher.Project.3");

[Edit:] Since first posting this note I have found the exact string in quotes above in my registry. So now it's even more confusing. [/Edit]

TIA,
Tom.
For me it just explodes the file and then I manually use eBook Publisher to work with the exploded file which is always called Project. I actually prefer this since it gives me a chance to modify a few things.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-10-2008, 10:49 AM   #3
tmaynard

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
For me it just explodes the file
And for me it just dies ugly and does nothing. Besides unzipping the file into some directory, what other installation steps did you take?
Old 01-10-2008, 11:06 AM   #4
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
And for me it just dies ugly and does nothing. Besides unzipping the file into some directory, what other installation steps did you take?
If you look at what it explodes you will find all of the pieces you need to generate a book. I rename the project to the real name and then import the stuff into eBook publisher.

Dale
Old 01-10-2008, 11:19 AM   #5
tmaynard

Quote:
I rename the project to the real name and then import the stuff into eBook publisher.
Ah, so it dies on your system too? I did look in the directory it created and there is the "guts" of the book in HTML but it never got far enough to create a project file.

After the dust settles there are enough pieces left over to build a project and thence a book, it just bothers me that it doesn't run to completion.
Advert
Old 01-10-2008, 11:31 AM   #6
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Ah, so it dies on your system too? I did look in the directory it created and there is the "guts" of the book in HTML but it never got far enough to create a project file.

After the dust settles there are enough pieces left over to build a project and thence a book, it just bothers me that it doesn't run to completion.
Actually mine does not crash. The dos window appears and then runs and goes away. I just figured I haven't got something installed correctly in that it can't find eBook publisher but it builds everything ok for me so I just rename the RBProject.opf and continue on. I get a log file that looks something like:

Tidy -retro (vers 4/30/00 rev 3/12/05) Parsing "E:\EBOOKS\RB Books.bookshelf\Bible_Stories_and_Religious_\wells p103810380.html"
line 302 column 55 - Warning: discarding unexpected </a>
line 1532 column 4 - Warning: trimming empty <p>

"E:\EBOOKS\RB Books.bookshelf\Bible_Stories_and_Religious_\wells p103810380.html" appears to be HTML 3.2
2 warnings/errors were found!

HTML & CSS specifications are available from http://www.w3.org/
To learn more about Tidy see http://www.w3.org/People/Raggett/tidy/
Please send bug reports to Dave Raggett care of <html-tidy@w3.org>
Lobby your company to join W3C, see http://www.w3.org/Consortium

Do you get a log file?

Dale
Old 01-10-2008, 11:36 AM   #7
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Actually mine does not crash. The dos window appears and then runs and goes away. I just figured I haven't got something installed correctly in that it can't find eBook publisher but it builds everything ok for me so I just rename the RBProject.opf and continue on. I get a log file that looks something like:

Dale
I also get another log file containing.
1/10/2008 8:27:40 Running '"D:\MYDOCU~1\eBooks\Programs\RB2PRO~1\unrb.exe " -i "BIBLE_~1.RB"'
1/10/2008 8:27:40 Creating RBProject.opf based on title.info
1/10/2008 8:27:41 Converting 1 files
1/10/2008 8:27:41 Converting E:\EBOOKS\RB Books.bookshelf\Bible_Stories_and_Religious_\wells p103810380.html, log will be in E:\EBOOKS\RB Books.bookshelf\Bible_Stories_and_Religious_\wells p103810380.log
1/10/2008 8:27:41 Running D:\MYDOCU~1\eBooks\Programs\RB2PRO~1\tidy.exe -retro -dmi -cover --keep-time n -f E:\EBOOKS\RB Books.bookshelf\Bible_Stories_and_Religious_\wells p103810380.log -m E:\EBOOKS\RB Books.bookshelf\Bible_Stories_and_Religious_\wells p103810380.html
1/10/2008 8:27:42 Done: Success

1/10/2008 8:27:42 End: ReturnCode = 0
Old 01-10-2008, 11:36 AM   #8
tmaynard

Thumbs up

Quote:
Do you get a log file?
I do, but it is quite terse:

1/10/2008 9:47:01 Running unrb.exe -i "FUTURE~1.RB"'
1/10/2008 9:47:02 Creating RBProject.opf based on title.info
1/10/2008 9:47:02 Done: FAILED. Unable to get IProject Interface!
>>> Is eBook Publisher version 2.1 or later installed? <<<
1/10/2008 9:47:02 End: ReturnCode = -2

It dies on the very first call to SBPublisher.
Old 01-10-2008, 12:28 PM   #9
tmaynard

Quote:
Ha! I got it working. I found (on McAfee's site of all places) that installing the eBookwise Librarian makes a number of entries in the Registry ... exactly those that RB2Project was callling.

I had installed the Librarian well after I installed Publisher so I thought maybe the entries were pointing in the wrong direction. I simply re-installed eBook Publisher and now RB2P is working just fine. (Of course, the Librarian may be messed up now ... I haven't checked it.)
Old 01-10-2008, 12:32 PM   #10
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Ha! I got it working. I found (on McAfee's site of all places) that installing the eBookwise Librarian makes a number of entries in the Registry ... exactly those that RB2Project was callling.

I had installed the Librarian well after I installed Publisher so I thought maybe the entries were pointing in the wrong direction. I simply re-installed eBook Publisher and now RB2P is working just fine. (Of course, the Librarian may be messed up now ... I haven't checked it.)
Yes I seem to remember some problems between publisher and librarian but I didn't realize they effected RBProject. I have both running so it should be possible to get everything working together more or less.

Dale
Old 01-26-2008, 07:41 PM   #11
tmaynard

Quote:
I have both running so it should be possible to get everything working together more or less.
This is just a [bump] on this thread -- if any admins are reading this may be suitable for a sticky.

The problem comes about with the Librarian is installed *after* eBook Publisher. The Librarian installs an older version of the Publisher code, and the Registry entries all point to backleveled code.

The solution is either (A) install Publisher last, or (B) simply re-install Publisher (which amounts to exactly the same thing).