Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 06-26-2012, 02:42 PM   #76
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
The uninstall script isn't an option when you build/install from source (and that's the only way to install the current betas under Linux), theducks.

The sigil binary is installed to /usr/local/bin
The sigil desktop file is installed to /usr/local/share/applications
The sigil icon file is installed to /usr/local/share/pixmaps
The rest is installed to the /usr/local/share/sigil directory

** Assumes you stuck with the default "/usr/local" prefix when compiling the project.
Good point. My last was the compiled version.
Old 06-26-2012, 04:02 PM   #77
Perkin
Guru
Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.

Device: Sony PRS-300, Kobo Aura HD, iPad (Marvin)
@John (user_none) & meme,

Would it be feasible/possible to have the WYSIWYG editor as it is now, AND the previous BookView as a cursor-synched limited editor which is available should users want it.

That way the 'beginners' BV is the more creative (but un-synched), and the older, simpler BV is for advanced users, who just need basic editing and preview of CV changes, which it's cursor-synched to as it was before.

I know it'll probably be loads of work to re-introduce it but it'll then hopefully satisfy nearly everyone.
Advert
Old 06-26-2012, 04:20 PM   #78
linzerkipferl
linzerkipferl began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Sigil 0.5.902.0 Problem with Search And Replace

I have a problem with the current Sigil version (0.5.902.0.):
When I open the Search and Replace Option, only the "Search" Line opens, but not the "Replace" line.
Does anyone have an idea how to fix this?
Thank you!
Old 06-26-2012, 04:22 PM   #79
Serpentine
Evangelist
Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by linzerkipferl View Post
Does anyone have an idea how to fix this?
Thank you!
You cant be in the book view to do replace operations; swap to code view.
Old 06-26-2012, 04:48 PM   #80
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Annoying feature

5.x Each tab retained its view. In the 6.x beta, switch any tabs view, switches All AND loses you place in other views which is a real pain when you are borrowing code snippets.
Advert
Old 06-27-2012, 12:53 AM   #81
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
You cant be in the book view to do replace operations; swap to code view.
is that by design - if so it's a backward step.
sometimes it is handy to use find / replace in book view e.g. when inspecting text to fix hyphens which need spaces i.e. to fix clause-clause & change it to clause — clause.

has to be done by visual inspection , to distinguish from hyphenated words, & code view finds many "not in text" hyphens in the xlm statements which slows the process.
Old 06-27-2012, 02:44 AM   #82
meme
Sigil developer
meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, K4 NT, K3, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perkin View Post
@John (user_none) & meme,

Would it be feasible/possible to have the WYSIWYG editor as it is now, AND the previous BookView as a cursor-synched limited editor which is available should users want it..
No. Doing twice as much work and maintaining multiple editors won't help. The old editor won't be brought back as the new editor adds a lot of features not in the old one. The issue of cursor syncing is basically unrelated to which editor is used.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
5.x Each tab retained its view. In the 6.x beta, switch any tabs view, switches All AND loses you place in other views which is a real pain when you are borrowing code snippets.
The 6.x beta changed the way the View icons work. Before they were per tab. Now they are, correctly, applied to all tabs. So you can now easily switch between BV and CV for all tabs and not have some in one state and others in another.

But it should not lose your place in each tab/view. It seems to be keeping the cursor for most switching, but I have seen it lose position sometimes so it needs to be worked on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybmole View Post
is that by design - if so it's a backward step.
sometimes it is handy to use find / replace in book view e.g. when inspecting text to fix hyphens which need spaces i.e. to fix clause-clause & change it to clause — clause.

has to be done by visual inspection , to distinguish from hyphenated words, & code view finds many "not in text" hyphens in the xlm statements which slows the process.
Book View now only supports Find by design. Replace was occasionally troublesome in BV and the change of editor was a good time to to simplify the view.

You can search for text in the body using (?s)-(?![^<>]*>)(?!.*<body[^>]*>) or search for letter-letter.

You can also use the insert special character in Book View to replace the -.
Old 06-27-2012, 05:27 AM   #83
Dillinquent
eBook pro
Dillinquent shares his or her toysDillinquent shares his or her toysDillinquent shares his or her toysDillinquent shares his or her toysDillinquent shares his or her toysDillinquent shares his or her toysDillinquent shares his or her toysDillinquent shares his or her toysDillinquent shares his or her toysDillinquent shares his or her toysDillinquent shares his or her toys

Device: PC, iPad, Kindle, Kindle Fire, Galaxy Ace
Quote:
Originally Posted by meme View Post
Have a look at the User Guide
Thanks Meme,
Nice work on the user guide BTW.

It seems a lot of faffing about just to check a few hyperlinks, wouldn't it be more user friendly to just use Ctrl+click like most other editors?
Old 06-27-2012, 05:52 AM   #84
exaltedwombat
Guru
exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by meme View Post
No. Doing twice as much work and maintaining multiple editors won't help. The old editor won't be brought back as the new editor adds a lot of features not in the old one. The issue of cursor syncing is basically unrelated to which editor is used.
Fair enough. Could I put in a request for your best shot at cursor syncing to be included, even if it isn't perfect?

Some features shouldn't be turned on until they're fully and reliably implemented. But it isn't a showstopper if the cursor occasionally loses its place when changing views - if it MOSTLY doesn't, that's better than nothing!
Old 06-27-2012, 07:29 AM   #85
mrmikel
Color me gone
mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-300
Actually, I think cursor syncing is not necessary. Page syncing would be enough for most people, if that would help in the design. The whole idea is not not have to search entirely from the top or go through a search operation to find something.
Old 06-27-2012, 07:35 AM   #86
mrmikel
Color me gone
mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Replace

I thought I saw someone mention it, but I can't find it with the search engine on this board.

Once, and only once, I pasted some material into the find box then did a replace and calibre crashed on Windows Vista 64 bit Home Premium. Windows did an automatic shutdown of Sigil, searching for solution, etc. Do not recall exactly what was being pasted in, but it did not seem anything particularly odd.

I have not seen it since, but will keep an eye on it.
Old 06-27-2012, 08:02 AM   #87
exaltedwombat
Guru
exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmikel View Post
Actually, I think cursor syncing is not necessary. Page syncing would be enough for most people, if that would help in the design. The whole idea is not not have to search entirely from the top or go through a search operation to find something.
I'm not sure you've quite thought this through? Page breaks in Book View are arbritary, dependent on window size.

Or have I misunderstood your point?
Old 06-27-2012, 12:06 PM   #88
mrmikel
Color me gone

Syncing

My point is that anywhere in the same vicinity is OK by me, instead of the exact location, if it will make it possible to get it back without huge work on the part of meme and user_none. Within a screen would be close enough for me.
Old 06-27-2012, 12:19 PM   #89
exaltedwombat
Guru

I don't remember ever selecting a portion of text and not finding the same portion highlighted in Code View. Were there circumstances where this was broken?
Old 06-27-2012, 12:45 PM   #90
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmikel View Post
My point is that anywhere in the same vicinity is OK by me, instead of the exact location, if it will make it possible to get it back without huge work on the part of meme and user_none. Within a screen would be close enough for me.
+1
Closed Thread