Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 10-26-2007, 06:02 AM   #1
ragdoll
Connoisseur
ragdoll began at the beginning.

Device: iRex iLiad V1
Buy now or wait?

Hi, I'm new to the forum but I've been watching the ebook reader scene for some months now. This summer a friend of mine told me about the Iliad. I couldn't see it because of the distance of our homes, but my friend was very excited about this device. From January I will need to read a lot ofscientific publications, which are all in PDF format and don't want to have to print all of them. I also want to stop wasting space and paper buying books and comics, so I'm really interested in buying an ebook reader. My first choice would be the Iliad, because of the screen size, the penabled technology and the many interfaces and expansion options. I've been reading all the news about ebook readers since August, but I'm still in doubt: is it coming a new device or an update to an old device that will make my new purchase obsolete?
Can I buy an Iliad now, or in the next 3 months, or should I wait?
ragdoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 06:04 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
If PDFs are important to you, the iLiad is the perfect device. "Go for it" would be my advice.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-26-2007, 06:27 AM   #3
HappyMartin
Martin Kristiansen
HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle International Ipad 2
I was in what seems to be a similar state of mind a little over 2 months ago over the iLiad. Harry said to me pretty much what he said to you and I took his advice. I have not regretted for a moment.

The reader goes all over with me. It has changed not only how much I read but what I read. I am off to the mountains in a few hours. It is pouring with rain over most of the country but so what, I will have a library with me.
HappyMartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 04:01 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
There is no eink based device coming out until Maybe January 2008 and even then we cannot be sure it's actually coming out then) that has a larger screen or higher resolution. All the other eink devices PRS-505, Gen3, V3 are all 600x800 at 6" screen size.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote