Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 06-29-2011, 07:46 AM   #1
loltun
Jedi Book Worm
loltun began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX, RCA REB-1100, Augen The Book
Ralph Ellison is driving me nuts!

There are a lot of the screen savers I have never even seen.
And many I rarely see.
But I can count on Ralph Ellison trying to shake my hand nearly every time my kindle goes to sleep.
Seriously, it has to be 90 percent of the time!
This has been going on for months!
I can't take it any more!
ARGHHHHH!!!!!
loltun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 10:39 AM   #2
alsaan
Enthusiast
alsaan knows what time it isalsaan knows what time it isalsaan knows what time it isalsaan knows what time it isalsaan knows what time it isalsaan knows what time it isalsaan knows what time it isalsaan knows what time it isalsaan knows what time it isalsaan knows what time it isalsaan knows what time it is

Device: Kindle 2 & Kindle 3
It might be your mind playing tricks on you. On both of my Kindles the screensavers display following a fixed sequence. But perhaps it's different on the DX?
alsaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-29-2011, 11:11 AM   #3
kapsi
kapsi began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
I hate his goddamn smile.
kapsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 11:50 AM   #4
loltun
Jedi Book Worm
loltun began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX, RCA REB-1100, Augen The Book
It's not in my mind.
I did notice that I didn't have the very latest update on my kindle so I downloaded it and installed and let the kindle do its thing...
came back after a while to check on it and I nearly screamed out loud!
Guess who was there to greet me and shake my hand?!?!!!
loltun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 04:16 PM   #5
shibamistress
Groupie
shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KSO (3G), Nook Color, android apps
At least you don't have the constant oil of olay ad that we get on the KSO!

(Someone else called KSO the Kindle Oil of Olay which made me chuckle, even though I'm pretty tired of that ad too!)
shibamistress is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-29-2011, 04:30 PM   #6
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
I put my own screensavers on mine about million years ago, but I still never see them. I couldn't even tell you what they are anymore. I close the cover when I'm done reading and slide the power switch before I open it back up.

I've always been rather amazed at all the attention screensavers on the Kindle seem to get. It's kind of mind-boggling actually.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 04:36 PM   #7
Ditchleyportrait
Fanatic
Ditchleyportrait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ditchleyportrait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ditchleyportrait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ditchleyportrait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ditchleyportrait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ditchleyportrait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ditchleyportrait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ditchleyportrait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ditchleyportrait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ditchleyportrait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ditchleyportrait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX Graphite
ralph ellison is straight g. how could you get mad at the ralph ellison one?!?

jules verne or james joyce is the worst.
Ditchleyportrait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 07:21 PM   #8
RainingLemur
Spork Connoisseur
RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
I've always been rather amazed at all the attention screensavers on the Kindle seem to get. It's kind of mind-boggling actually.
You mean that the Kindle's NOT a screen-saver viewing device?
RainingLemur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 08:21 PM   #9
chas0039
Sceptic
chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40

Device: rooted Nooks, retired. JetBook Lite, Kindle 3, 4, Kobo Nia, Libra H2O.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shibamistress View Post
At least you don't have the constant oil of olay ad that we get on the KSO!

(Someone else called KSO the Kindle Oil of Olay which made me chuckle, even though I'm pretty tired of that ad too!)
I deleted my Olay and Buick savers a while ago and they never came back. It seems as though deleting the junk and leaving a couple of current ad folders for the KSO to use works just fine, at least for the short term. Mine currently just shows Skins.

One of the stupidest things Amazon ever did ( and conversely smartest on the part of the nook) was to not just offer a folder where we could control screensavers.
chas0039 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 02:54 PM   #10
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Trade you Ralph Ellison for Emily Dickenzombie any day.
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 09:39 AM   #11
mayoi
mayoi writes the songs that make the whole world sing.mayoi writes the songs that make the whole world sing.mayoi writes the songs that make the whole world sing.mayoi writes the songs that make the whole world sing.mayoi writes the songs that make the whole world sing.mayoi writes the songs that make the whole world sing.mayoi writes the songs that make the whole world sing.mayoi writes the songs that make the whole world sing.mayoi writes the songs that make the whole world sing.mayoi writes the songs that make the whole world sing.mayoi writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: PW2 and K3 Kindles, TF101
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApK View Post
+1 !
mayoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 03:35 PM   #12
Ditchleyportrait
Fanatic
Ditchleyportrait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ditchleyportrait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ditchleyportrait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ditchleyportrait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ditchleyportrait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ditchleyportrait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ditchleyportrait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ditchleyportrait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ditchleyportrait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ditchleyportrait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ditchleyportrait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX Graphite
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApK View Post
haha. i like that picture.
Ditchleyportrait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 10:43 AM   #13
J. Strnad
Guru
J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo, Kindle 3, Paperwhite
Ha! It's usually HARLAN Ellison who ticks people off.
J. Strnad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 01:16 PM   #14
Zoshka
Connoisseur
Zoshka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zoshka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zoshka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zoshka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zoshka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zoshka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zoshka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zoshka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zoshka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zoshka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zoshka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 & 4, Nook Tablet
Just be glad Amazon hasn't started sneaking in ads on the regular Kindle yet...Ralph Ellison smiling inside his new Buick ("I was an Invisible Man to the ladies, until I bought a Buick"), or Emily Dickinson showing off her smooth complexion from Oil of Olay ("I was once just a solitary spinster writing delicate verse, but now I'm the Cougar of Amherst").
Zoshka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 02:09 PM   #15
Bricorn
Addict
Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DXG
Agatha Christie keeps looking at me like I'm guilty AND SHE CAN PROVE IT.
Bricorn is offline   Reply With Quote