Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 12-31-2011, 07:22 AM   #1
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1/2/3, Paperwhite, Fire 8.9,Samsung Tab S 10.5
Opus on existing Adobe Digital ID ?

Doesn't seem to be an Adobe-specific section, so I hope this'll get a response here. I have had a trawl through the Adobe "Support" site, but no FAQ, as usual, fitted, and I can't find an e-mail.
So, good old MR is in the frame again....

I have an A.D.E. a/c, or I.D., with the Sony readers I have.
I have never had to do anything with it, as I use Calibre 95% of the time now - Sony Store being the only reason to do so, far as I can see - and I can't imagine they're going to better than the rest of the market, 'cept p'raps Pottery things.

But I bought an Opus for my wife for Christmas, and, apart from the odd problem that I hope I'll get on top of, I'm a bit confused about whether I need to get a new Adobe ID for it/her - or, indeed, if I need to get one at all, if I introduce her to Calibre ?
Or if it can simply join in on the account I got in the early days of e-readery for the Sony?

Help greatly appreciated.

Last edited by carpetmojo; 12-31-2011 at 07:25 AM.
carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 06:04 PM   #2
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
You can add up to six devices to one Adobe account. I don't know if you can manage it via Calibre (just try it). Simpliest would be to open Adobe Digital Edition when you have the Opus plugged in. It should recognise the Opus automatically.
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-01-2012, 10:22 AM   #3
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1/2/3, Paperwhite, Fire 8.9,Samsung Tab S 10.5
Thanks Billi - yup, 'tis recognised OK
carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote