Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-23-2011, 08:43 PM   #31
jersysman
Wizard
jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T1 Red, Kindle Fire, Kindle PW, PW2, Nook HD+, Kobo Mini, Aura HD
I love those Kate! If you ever need something to do in what little spare time you have, I know someone who would be much appreciative of having one of those!

HINT!!!

HINT!!!

jersysman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 09:39 PM   #32
Ozric
Zealot
Ozric is clearly one to watchOzric is clearly one to watchOzric is clearly one to watchOzric is clearly one to watchOzric is clearly one to watchOzric is clearly one to watchOzric is clearly one to watchOzric is clearly one to watchOzric is clearly one to watchOzric is clearly one to watchOzric is clearly one to watch

Device: way too many =)
I like the selection of colorful, tie dye-esque ones. Nice work
Ozric is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-23-2011, 09:58 PM   #33
khalleron
Kate
khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2013, Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by jersysman View Post
I love those Kate! If you ever need something to do in what little spare time you have, I know someone who would be much appreciative of having one of those!

HINT!!!

HINT!!!

Go for it, Jerseyman. For the cloth covered ones I got everything I needed at the DollarTree and Walmart and my recycling bin.
khalleron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 11:03 PM   #34
SeaBookGuy
Can one read too much?
SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 3, Sony 350 and 650
You've done a terrific job, but I'm struck that the T1 looks cherry red in the first picture (though there's that "pink strip" again), but downright pink in the second one!
SeaBookGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 11:11 PM   #35
vxf
Guru
vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 350, 900, 950; Kindles (ALL of them!); Kobo Aura One
Very cool covers indeed!!!
vxf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-24-2011, 06:58 AM   #36
Robert22
Zealot
Robert22 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindRobert22 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindRobert22 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindRobert22 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindRobert22 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindRobert22 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindRobert22 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindRobert22 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindRobert22 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindRobert22 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindRobert22 has exceeded all limitations known to mankind

Device: PRS-505 600 300 350 T1 T2 Kindle PW1 PW2 KV Clara 2E Libra 2 Leaf 2
Kate you mentioned using a stronger glue. What did you use and how did it work out for you?
Robert22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 08:00 AM   #37
silverraven
Guru
silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle 4NTB x 4
Could you please tell me the dimensions of the books you chose? Up and down and side to side. When you take the pages out, does it release some of the side to side room? I know the size of the reader, just wondering how much room you left to get that look.
Love this, by the way!
S
silverraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 09:55 AM   #38
khalleron
Kate
khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert22 View Post
Kate you mentioned using a stronger glue. What did you use and how did it work out for you?
I used 527 glue until I ran out, then got a tube of E6000 (they're the same glue, but 527 is thinner than E6000).

They're holding up just fine.

I thought about buying a glue gun, but I'm afraid of them.

Silverraven, the journals are 7" tall and 5" wide. The spine is 3/4". For the internal lining pieces, I shaved about 1/8" off both dimensions.

Last edited by khalleron; 10-24-2011 at 09:58 AM.
Old 10-24-2011, 07:06 PM   #39
silverraven
Guru
silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle 4NTB x 4
Thank you, off to look tomorrow!!
S
silverraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 09:47 PM   #40
khalleron
Kate

Looking back, I think I should clarify -

Spray adhesive works best for the fabric covering and is OK for affixing the left side of the lining. For the right side, which has to support the reader, a stronger glue is best.

I also used painter's tape to hold the elastic in place while gluing.
Old 10-25-2011, 08:31 AM   #41
Robert22
Zealot
Robert22 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindRobert22 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindRobert22 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindRobert22 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindRobert22 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindRobert22 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindRobert22 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindRobert22 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindRobert22 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindRobert22 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindRobert22 has exceeded all limitations known to mankind

Device: PRS-505 600 300 350 T1 T2 Kindle PW1 PW2 KV Clara 2E Libra 2 Leaf 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by khalleron View Post
I used 527 glue until I ran out, then got a tube of E6000 (they're the same glue, but 527 is thinner than E6000).

They're holding up just fine.

I thought about buying a glue gun, but I'm afraid of them.
Thanks Kate!
Robert22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 05:51 PM   #42
gari189
Connoisseur
gari189 knows the square root of minus one.gari189 knows the square root of minus one.gari189 knows the square root of minus one.gari189 knows the square root of minus one.gari189 knows the square root of minus one.gari189 knows the square root of minus one.gari189 knows the square root of minus one.gari189 knows the square root of minus one.gari189 knows the square root of minus one.gari189 knows the square root of minus one.gari189 knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Elonex 621eb, PRS-T1, HP Touchpad
Quote:
Originally Posted by feenix1363 View Post
Just ordered a cover from Navitech. Just to keep it safe until the Tuff-luv one is realeased.
Whats the fit like? - was going to order one but photo on the website isn't very flattering - the fit doesn't look good.....

Last edited by gari189; 10-26-2011 at 05:51 PM. Reason: ?
gari189 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 06:53 PM   #43
sabredog
Geographically Restricted
sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T3, Kindle Voyage, iPad Air2, Nexus7v2
I just purchased the Gecko offering. Looks a fairly good product and having a Kobo case from them as an example, I am confident it will be.
sabredog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 09:37 AM   #44
LuvReadin
Addict
LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1 and Cool-ER
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabredog View Post
There does not seem to be a thread that discusses case/cover options for the T1 as yet, so I hope this might be a start in the right direction.

There does not seem many cases or covers available so far, excepting the ones from Sony and Gecko.

I was hoping M-edge might bring out their canvas zipper covered ones. I have one for my old PRS-300 and it is perfect for travel use.

Anyone seen or know of any more?
I've got this one for the 600 - tried it out with the T1, but it doesn't allow me to write on the screen without opening the cover. Some of the other touchscreen functions still work, though.
LuvReadin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 01:48 PM   #45
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
M-Edge is advertising these cases to be compatible with the PRS-T1:
http://www.medgestore.com/products/prst1/
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote