Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 05-30-2011, 11:17 PM   #1
danceswithlife
danceswithlife began at the beginning.

Device: none
laptop adobe reader and epubs

Earlier this year I bought an epub before I realized it was DRM. I'd previously downloaded adobe reader 8 to my laptop, and can read the epub there. Is there anyway I can get this epub into calibre and then move it to my slickusa ereader device?

In the future if I buy epubs that are drm is there a specific "brand" I should buy that I can then move into calibre and then load on my slickusa ereader device?

Thank you!
danceswithlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 01:54 AM   #2
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
This would depend largely on the type of DRM supported by your device. For ePubs, you'll probably have to use Adobe's DRM scheme (ADE & co). I'll let other people comment on that, since I don't have any experience with such things.
Once you have obtained an ePub file that is authorized for your device, you can add that file to Calibre and transfer it to your device. Note, however, that conversions (and probably metadata edits) won't work on such files. Calibre can store and transfer them, but not change them.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert