Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Related Tools

Notices

Old 04-25-2012, 05:36 PM   #1
edbro
Banned
edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: iPad4
Catalog in Skydrive?

Does anybody know how to get an OPDS catalog working in the new SkyDrive? I have a working catalog in Dropbox but I'm trying to migrate to SkyDrive.

I copied my library into my SkyDrive folder and created a new catalog using Calibre2OPDS. Everything is uploaded but I'm getting "catalog is empty". There are 3 different links you can create to a file in SkyDrive; "View Only", "View and Edit", and "Public". I tried all three and still get a catalog is empty. My ebook and catalog folders are public folders.

Anybody else using SkyDrive?
edbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 06:18 PM   #2
Wyndham
Connoisseur
Wyndham has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Wyndham has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Wyndham has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: iPad Air 2 (iOS 9), iPhone 6 (iOS 9)
I have the same need and earlier today posted a similar question/request on Microsoft Answers.

As I believe it may help, it is suggested that everyone interested also supports that post - please...
Wyndham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 03:08 AM   #3
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
I am not sure that asking for OPDS support will help - Microsoft will simply say that is beyond the remit of SkyDrive (probably quite rightly). Also note that Dropbox does not claim to support OPDS directly. The fact that OPDS catalogs work is just a by-product of the way they support files that contain web type content that are located in the Public folder.

What is missing in SkyDrive is a far more basic capability. That is the ability to have a set of web pages exposed in the public folder and for them to act as though they were hosted on a web server with the ability to support relative navigation links between them. At the moment one can load an HTML page, but as soon as one tries to click on a link to navigate to another page it is transformed into a file download of that page. If one actually does download the file offered it is the correct page, so the question becomes why was it not simply displayed in the browser instead of being treated as an attempt to download the file. My guess is that this probably means that Microsoft is not setting the correct Mime type for the files in question, but is instead setting to something that impleies binary content (and thus the file download is triggered). This of course may be deliberate as SkyDrive is inherently intended to act as a simple file storage mechanism.

The fact that the web pages in question may be generated to conform to the OPDS standard is therefore irrelevant - it is the basic ability to host a set of web pages and for them to function as a pseudo 'web site' that is missing. It is quite frustrating as one can see all the files - but not load them as a web site.

Last edited by itimpi; 05-08-2012 at 10:17 AM.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 08:55 AM   #4
Wyndham
Connoisseur
Wyndham has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Wyndham has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Wyndham has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: iPad Air 2 (iOS 9), iPhone 6 (iOS 9)
Send Feedback to Microsoft

Update: I have placed a suggestion on the Microsoft Feedback site. How much good it will do I've no idea, but if no-one does then there is no chance.

Might I suggest any folk out there who are interested in this topic, place similar requests direct to Microsoft?

https://feedback.live.com/default.as...tkey=wlfolders
Wyndham is offline   Reply With Quote