Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 01-15-2011, 09:35 AM   #1
Papi
Addict
Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard, Kindle NT, PRS-650
Samsung E60 for 49€ (France)

In France, you can get the Samsung E60 for 99 €, and then go to http://www.samsung-microsites.fr/pro...-janv.html#top, Samsung will reimburse 50 €, so the unit costs 49 €. It's a nice device, with wacom touch screen and Wi-Fi, only lacks a Pearl screen and selectable fonts.
Papi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 01:56 PM   #2
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Could someone help me buy this, please?
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 02:43 AM   #3
Papi
Addict
Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I would help you but there's only one promotion of this kind allowed per home (defined by name + address), and I already used one. The other thing is we have to pay the device 99 €, fill a report and a few weeks later only will Samsung refund the 50 €, so the process of buying one for another person is a bit complicated.
Old 01-22-2011, 03:46 AM   #4
thinkpad
David
thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, E.Edge (sold), Irex Iliad (retired)
Here's a review with some more info on the e60:
http://www.pocket-lint.com/review/50...-reader-review

Quote:
The E60 doesn’t only support EPUB, it will also handle PDF and TXT documents. It will support MP3 for music playback and BMP, JPEG/JPG for images.
Quote:
Other features of the E60 include a calendar that you can sync with Outlook (using supplied PC software) to view schedules on your device.

Last edited by thinkpad; 01-22-2011 at 03:51 AM.
thinkpad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 04:09 AM   #5
thinkpad
David
thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I just noticed that the promotion is not just for the E60. If you like the E65 better it's the same reimbursement of 50 Euro.

Last edited by thinkpad; 01-22-2011 at 04:17 AM.
Old 01-22-2011, 04:15 AM   #6
Papi
Addict

Yes but I don't think you can find the E65 at 99 €.
Old 01-22-2011, 04:28 AM   #7
thinkpad
David

That's probably true, the E65 seems to cost more. Which on-line shop in France is selling the E65 and at what price?

I myself would prefer the E65 over the E60 to get the Qwerty-keyboard.

Wow, it's a lot more expensive than the E60. Pixmania is selling it for 239 Euro:
http://www.pixmania.com/fr/fr/697754...ique-e-65.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papi View Post
Yes but I don't think you can find the E65 at 99 €.
Where do you find the E60 for 99 €?

Googling around it looked like the E65 was on a promotion sale for £99 around Christmas in the UK. That would have been a good bargain price for the device.

Last edited by thinkpad; 01-22-2011 at 04:57 AM.
Old 01-22-2011, 05:47 AM   #8
jehane
Book addict
jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-300/T1/Asus TF101
I really like the look of that - pity it didn't get far off the ground. thinkpadx, most people seemed to be getting them from Carrefours.

From what I've read so far, it doesn't have handwriting recognition, any writing stays as your scribbles. Can anyone confirm? If it *does* convert handwriting to text, I would be very interested.
jehane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 07:42 AM   #9
Selzernium
Enthusiast
Selzernium knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Selzernium knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Selzernium knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Selzernium knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Selzernium knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Selzernium knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Selzernium knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Selzernium knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Selzernium knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Selzernium knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Selzernium knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Sony PRS-505
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
Same here...
Selzernium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 08:10 AM   #10
thinkpad
David

Quote:
Originally Posted by jehane View Post
I really like the look of that - pity it didn't get far off the ground. thinkpadx, most people seemed to be getting them from Carrefours.
Thanks for the Carrefour tip which made me search on Google. I came up with some more information on the deal: 329 to 49 euros in 6 months

http://translate.google.com/translat...uros-6-mois%2F
Old 01-22-2011, 09:19 AM   #11
Papi
Addict

Quote:
From what I've read so far, it doesn't have handwriting recognition, any writing stays as your scribbles. Can anyone confirm? If it *does* convert handwriting to text, I would be very interested.
No handwriting recognition

The 99€ price is, to my knowledge, only available at Carrefours but I think their website has a 149 € price. Anyway the price in store is 99 €, you fill a report, and Samsung should reimburse 50 € within 10 weeks. The E65 is way more expensive, but so was the E60 a couple months (329 -> 149 -> 99) ago, it's just that Carrefour wants to get rid or it. I guess it was not successful but it's hard to find now at that price.
Old 01-22-2011, 09:52 AM   #12
lotusmonk
lotusmonk began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS T1
Quote:
I´m just interested, which e-readers do have handwriting recognition?
And do I understand it right? Handwriting recognition = you scribble something with a stylus, the device transcribes it into an editable text (as if typed in by keyboard)?
lotusmonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 10:52 AM   #13
jehane
Book addict
jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-300/T1/Asus TF101
lotusmonk, yes, I'm referring to being able to write using the stylus, which is then converted to digital text. AFAIK, no e-ink readers have handwriting recognition, which is why I was so interested! I used to have a Palm, and absolutely loved the handwriting feature. but pdas disappeared and smartphones mostly went the thumb keyboard route, which I don't like. Also I really wanted something like a Palm but with a bigger screen - but not too big so that I could easily carry it in my handbag! Also quick on/off like my Palm and *not* like a typical laptop, and with a low-glare screen. I'm not sure what kind of screen the Palms used, but it wasn't as glarey as typical LCD. Mine was m125 monochrome, so I don't know how the colour screens compare. If it had handwriting recognition, that Samsung looks pretty close to my perfect device! Sadly, no one else seems to want the combination of features that I do. Ah well...

PS I did finally find a phone with good handwriting recognition - nokia 5800.
jehane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 02:27 AM   #14
FixB
Groupie
FixB has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.FixB has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.FixB has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.FixB has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.FixB has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
Sorry, didn't see your post before.
I'll try and check the stock at Carrefour stores around, but there's none left in the one I bought mine from (wanted to buy one for my brother...).
FixB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 11:27 AM   #15
sck
sck began at the beginning.

Device: several
Quote:
Originally Posted by FixB View Post
Sorry, didn't see your post before.
I'll try and check the stock at Carrefour stores around, but there's none left in the one I bought mine from (wanted to buy one for my brother...).
and if you find two I'd be VERY interested in one! I also live in france (grenoble) but I'm out of the country for another week, and the promo ends on the 31st of january

I'd be really really grateful!
sck is offline   Reply With Quote