Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 04-27-2014, 12:55 AM   #136
howyoudoin
how YOU doin?
howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard, iPad Pro 10.5”, Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Libra 2
I did not know that Siri drained the battery. Thank you for the information. I will be turning her off. She's not a good cook and isn't good with the kids, so I see no reason to keep her around.
howyoudoin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 01:10 AM   #137
Gazella
Wizard
Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
When I'm bored, I turn her on temporarily and just goof around. I ask her to tell me a joke. I just asked her what her favorite movie is which she replied by saying "I don't really have a favorite. But I hear that '2001: A Space Odyssey' got some good reviews".
I once told her 'I love you' and Siri said "I bet you say that to all your Apple products". I then told her again that I love her and she said "you are the wind beneath my wings"
Gazella is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-14-2014, 09:07 AM   #138
NickyWithNook
Guru
NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite (Don't use Nook anymore)
My iPad is super buggy since this last update. I guess I've noticed it when using Safari. Safari just shuts down, and sometimes the iPad resets itself. This is all pretty frequent. Is anyone else having this problem? It's just since the latest update.
NickyWithNook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 01:58 PM   #139
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
No problems whatsoever on my Retina Mini.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 05:12 PM   #140
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyWithNook View Post
My iPad is super buggy since this last update. I guess I've noticed it when using Safari. Safari just shuts down, and sometimes the iPad resets itself. This is all pretty frequent. Is anyone else having this problem? It's just since the latest update.
On which iPad model do you have the problems? My iPad mini Retina is working fine with iOS 7.1.1, and HarryT's apparently is working well too. I think there were some people with iPad Airs the had issues earlier.
Advert
Old 05-14-2014, 06:21 PM   #141
NickyWithNook
Guru
NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I have the third gen one - the one between Ipad2 and the IPad Air. I think they called it "The New iPad."
Old 05-14-2014, 08:36 PM   #142
49Kat
Fanatic
49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 9th Gen, iPhone 11, Paperwhite 10th Gen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazella View Post
When I'm bored, I turn her on temporarily and just goof around. I ask her to tell me a joke. I just asked her what her favorite movie is which she replied by saying "I don't really have a favorite. But I hear that '2001: A Space Odyssey' got some good reviews".
I once told her 'I love you' and Siri said "I bet you say that to all your Apple products". I then told her again that I love her and she said "you are the wind beneath my wings"
Siri just told me she doesn't know any good jokes. I can never remember jokes, otherwise I would tell her one.
49Kat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 12:16 AM   #143
Gazella
Wizard
Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
iOS 7.1 released

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49Kat View Post
Siri just told me she doesn't know any good jokes. I can never remember jokes, otherwise I would tell her one.

Lol. Just keep asking her to tell you one and she eventually will.
Gazella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 11:15 PM   #144
NickyWithNook
Guru

I gave up and did "reset all settings." It's fine now.
Old 05-29-2014, 08:06 AM   #145
Shane R
Fanatic
Shane R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shane R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shane R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shane R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shane R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shane R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shane R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shane R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shane R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shane R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shane R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: None
Quote:
Originally Posted by howyoudoin View Post
I did not know that Siri drained the battery. Thank you for the information. I will be turning her off. She's not a good cook and isn't good with the kids, so I see no reason to keep her around.
I've not noticed this. Even it's true, I'd rather take the loss because Siri is personally useful for me.

I can't count the number of times a day I start timers, set reminders, or make other requests of her.

I just wish I didn't need a good Internet connection for her to function. It's time for Apple to move that functionality onto the device.
Shane R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 09:52 AM   #146
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane R View Post
I just wish I didn't need a good Internet connection for her to function. It's time for Apple to move that functionality onto the device.
I can't see it happening. It requires mainframe-level data processing capabilities.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 10:32 AM   #147
Shane R
Fanatic
Shane R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shane R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shane R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shane R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shane R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shane R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shane R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shane R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shane R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shane R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shane R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: None
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I can't see it happening. It requires mainframe-level data processing capabilities.
I think that Google Now (which is an extremely problematic battery hog, at least on my 5S) does it on-device.
Shane R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 02:26 PM   #148
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane R View Post
I think that Google Now (which is an extremely problematic battery hog, at least on my 5S) does it on-device.
Built-in limited voice control, like I had on my previous-decade flip phone, (e.g., "Call home") will work with no connection.
The more advanced recognition (e.g."Show me how to bake a cake") will just say "Didn't catch that, try speaking again."

Turn airplane mode on and try it.

Last edited by ApK; 05-29-2014 at 02:42 PM.
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 02:30 PM   #149
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
So in about 18 months, then.

Anyway, our phones are already more powerful than a mainframe, and a supercomputer, too....

Last edited by ApK; 05-29-2014 at 02:48 PM.
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 06:19 AM   #150
sarahzohar88
sarahzohar88 began at the beginning.

Device: samsung
I want to find exact this type of update so thanks for it
sarahzohar88 is offline   Reply With Quote