Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 06-18-2015, 07:09 AM   #1426
lesca
lesca began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2
I finally find something about downgrading here: https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/PW2_Index
lesca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 10:45 AM   #1427
sirpoot
sirpoot can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.sirpoot can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.sirpoot can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.sirpoot can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.sirpoot can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.sirpoot can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.sirpoot can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.sirpoot can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.sirpoot can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.sirpoot can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.sirpoot can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

Device: Kindle Touch
Nothing runs in KUAL

I can't run anything in KUAL. I can toggle the switches, but when I press on the buttons (e.g. switch to DouBan, Start File Manager, kterm) nothing happens.

My firmware version is 5.0.0 and I've jailbroken it without problems...have no idea what is going on!
sirpoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-17-2015, 05:08 PM   #1428
icke68746
icke68746 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite; Kobo Glo
Hallo, ich nutze seit etwa einem Jahr KUAL auf meinen PW (B024...). Bis auf die Akku-App ohne Probleme. Danke dafür!
Jetzt kam vor einigen Tagen ein Update auf FW 5.6.1.1 heraus, und seitdem funktioniert KUAL nicht mehr. Ich habe MKK neu installiert und auch die KUAL-KDK-2.0.azw2 in den Dokumentenordner kopiert. Trotzdem läuft KUAL nicht mehr. Es kommt folgende Fehlermeldung:
"Beim Öffnen des Inhalts ist ein Fehler aufgetreten. Falls das Problem weiterhin besteht, wenden Sie sich bitte an den Kindle-Kundenservice unter www.kindle.com/support."
Was kann ich tun, damit KUAL wieder läuft? Danke!

Grüße aus Deutschland, Icke
---- Translated with Google translator ------

Hello, I am using on my PW (B024 ...) for about a year kual. Except for the battery app with no problems. Thanks for that!
Now came a few days ago an update to FW 5.6.1.1 out, and since kual no longer works. I MKK reinstalled and also copies the kual-KDK-2.0.azw2 in the Documents folder. Nevertheless kual no longer running. It comes following error message:
"An error occurred while opening the contents. If the problem persists, contact the Customer Service under www.kindle.com/support Kindle."
What can I do to make kual running again? Thanks!

Greetings from Germany, Icke
icke68746 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 06:09 PM   #1429
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
That sounds as if 5.6.1.1 on the PW-1 does not support "Active Documents".

We still don't have enough reports to say if that is generally true of 5.6.1.1

Nor do we know if it was intentional or accidental.
It is rumored to be intentional but Lab126 has killed Active Documents by accident in the past.

- - - -

The only currently known solution is to use the serial port to downgrade the firmware.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 07:24 PM   #1430
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
On the other hand, we've just had a bugreport on KOReader from someone successfully running KUAL on 5.6.1.1, so, all is not lost...
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-18-2015, 06:53 AM   #1431
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
On the other hand, we've just had a bugreport on KOReader from someone successfully running KUAL on 5.6.1.1, so, all is not lost...
On a PW1 or on a PW3?
Ref: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=262279

- - - -

I know that the Amazon site **claims** those devices use the same 5.6.1.1 build, but one arrives as an OTA package and the other gets installed by the initial factory install.

Because of the different firmware production paths and QA between providing the factory with initial installation packages and providing the customers of an older device with an OTA installation package, there is a good chance that those two **are** different builds.
(Different SoC and Processor also.)

Those who have been following this story know that Amazon was nice enough to ship me that initial factory install package for the PW3 (and KT2).
And of course the PW1 update package is publicly posted by Amazon.

It would be possible to test if those images are binary identical, which would not tell us much if they aren't binary identical.
They still might be functionally identical, which is best determined by customer reports from experience with the actual devices -
Of course that requires that the customer tell us which device they have.

Last edited by knc1; 07-18-2015 at 07:16 AM.
Old 07-18-2015, 08:06 AM   #1432
LonerD
LonerD began at the beginning.

Device: KPW (2012)
After updating to 5.6.1.1 - KUAL and Koreader worked fine on my KPW1.
But I made hard reset =)
And now can't start KUAL - "This device is not authorized as a test Kindle by developer of this item."
in KUAL logs: "com.mobileread.ixtab.kindlelauncher.KualKindl et: Target device is not a test device"
(I tried put mkk directory to KPW root directory, restart KPW - no effect)

Last edited by LonerD; 07-18-2015 at 08:37 AM.
LonerD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2015, 09:03 AM   #1433
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonerD View Post
After updating to 5.6.1.1 - KUAL and Koreader worked fine on my KPW1.
But I made hard reset
And now can't start KUAL - "This device is not authorized as a test Kindle by developer of this item."
in KUAL logs: "com.mobileread.ixtab.kindlelauncher.KualKindl et: Target device is not a test device"
(I tried put mkk directory to KPW root directory, restart KPW - no effect)
That should have un-installed everything outside of the USB storage area.

First:
See if your jailbreak survived by using MrPi to install the MKK package.
See: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=225030
KUAL section for the files.
Note you will need xz tools to unpack those archives.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Foot_After.jpg
Views:	612
Size:	20.5 KB
ID:	140348   Click image for larger version

Name:	Foot_Quote.jpg
Views:	793
Size:	53.3 KB
ID:	140349  

Last edited by knc1; 07-18-2015 at 09:06 AM.
Old 07-18-2015, 11:30 AM   #1434
icke68746

Also bleibt mir nichts anderes übrig, als ein Downgrade?

So I have no choice but a downgrade?

Old 07-18-2015, 11:38 AM   #1435
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by icke68746 View Post
Also bleibt mir nichts anderes übrig, als ein Downgrade?

So I have no choice but a downgrade?

First:
See if your jailbreak survived by using MrPi to install the MKK package.
See: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=225030 KUAL section for the files.
Note you will need xz tools to unpack those archives.

If your jailbreak did not survive - try the most recently posted "hot fix" to restore the jailbreak.

Then repeat the above (if required, the "hot fix" might also "fix" MKK for you).
Old 07-18-2015, 01:12 PM   #1436
icke68746

@knc1
Danke, hat geklappt! Habe das Fix gefunden: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...postcount=1597

@ KNC1

Thank worked! Have the Fix found: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...postcount=1597

Last edited by icke68746; 07-18-2015 at 02:45 PM.
Old 07-18-2015, 07:02 PM   #1437
LonerD
LonerD began at the beginning.

Device: KPW (2012)
Quote:
Originally Posted by icke68746 View Post
Fix too. Now KUAL and Koreader work fine
LonerD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 01:53 PM   #1438
oxilite
oxilite began at the beginning.

Device: PW1
Hi All, long time lurker, first time poster. I have a PW1 (EY21) and I too find my self running 5.6.1.1 and I'm having some issues I am hoping you can help me understand. I am pretty sure I was running the most up to date jb before the update, and KUAL will open just fine. However some of the applets are not running, in particular the one I am most interested in, the VNC Connection/Viewer. I have re-installed MKK, the JB Hot Fix, and the MRInstaller. The bottom line of my KUAL indicates 2.5.16-gc3370bb (2141129,a) - PW. Several other apps dont seem to open, like GTK Mines, while others do, like Eboard Chess and kterm.

Can someone help me understand either what I'm doing wrong or if this is a VNC issue and not a KUAL issue (in which case, I know I'm in the wrong place). Thanks for any help you guys can provide, and I'm happy to provide any more info you would need.
oxilite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 02:02 PM   #1439
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@oxilite: Check KUAL's log, but that's most likely an ABI break somewhere, FW 5.6.x updated a lot of things, and the stuff you mention was built a long time ago for older FW (cf. the kterm thread for such an example).
Old 09-25-2015, 09:52 AM   #1440
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Tagged v2.6, mainly for proper PW3 handling.

Tags
kindle touch, kindle touch hacks, kindlet, kual, launcher, launcher add-ons, paperwhite, sqlite, unified