Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-14-2012, 05:48 PM   #211
Kolenka
<Insert Wit Here>
Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by xendula View Post
Are you keeping a Paperwhite and a Glo? For youself? That's what I call splurging!!
I'm a tech geek. I work in software, and like keeping an eye on the industry. So I tend to upgrade more often than most folks. It's practically a hobby. But I don't hoard either, so the Glo was mostly paid for by clearing out older readers.

But I also can loan out one of them to family members to use and play with.

This year was a bit more expensive than some when it comes to e-readers, but I haven't upgraded my laptop this year, so there's that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NNolan View Post
Kolenka - have you fiddled with the font adjustments on the Glo yet? I managed to get text to look as good on the Glo as on my now-returned 2nd PW by increasing some of the font parameters. I think it might have been thickness and sharpness.
I have a bit, but in general, the fonts tend to stay more 'print-like' than the Kindle's variants with less raw contrast even with the thickness turned up. This isn't really a bad thing or good thing, but I can see folks being on one side or the other. The font selection and general quality was not a flaw on the Kobo.
Kolenka is offline   Reply With Quote