Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-06-2010, 08:42 PM   #31
Squirsier
Addict
Squirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercise

Device: Sony: PRS-300, PRS-350. Kobo: Aura v2, Clara HD, Libra 2
I think I read somewhere here that some people bought eBooks from Kobobooks.com and realized afterwards that there wasn't an ePub version of said eBook and got a refund...

Same darn thing happened to me on August 29th with Napoleon's Pyramids by William Dietrich... All his other eBooks are available as ePubs, but NOT this one... Made the mistake of buying it, sent an email asking if I could get a coupon/credit for a book of same value (I purchase there regularly), since a refund would be pointless as I would just buy something else right away anyway.

They answered quite quickly, they mentionned they would be more than happy to refund and asked me what reader I was going to put the ePub file on (Sony PRS-300, even mentionned waiting for the PRS-350 ) so I again asked if it would be possible to get a coupon/credit for a same-value eBook, they replied with my query being escalated to the billing department and that was the end so far, last reply on August 30th!

Seems like the first level of customer support was quite quick and friendly, but the billing dept. must be very busy or they haven't found a way to credit my account instead of doing a refund - the wrongly purchased eBook is still in my library.

Will ask tomorrow again for some news on their part (since it was labor day weekend, they also had monday off I assumed).

I'm confident things will turn out just fine, but am curious why it's taking so long.
Squirsier is offline   Reply With Quote