Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 04-17-2010, 12:14 AM   #1
ll_holy.ghost_ll
ll_holy.ghost_ll began at the beginning.

Device: sony digital reader PRS 600
sony digital reader PRS-600

Hi Frds

Any one can you give me some IDEA about sony digital Reader PRS-600.

- when I load my books in SD card or ProDue card / Internal Memory all bookks are Mixing....

so My query is Is there Option to Create FOLDERS

Technical BOOKS
Novals by Author etc

if its possiable create FOLDERS can you help me how to create

- Is it possiable to Rename Files?

Thanx and Regards
Holy.Ghost
ll_holy.ghost_ll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 12:14 AM   #2
ll_holy.ghost_ll

[QUOTE=ll_holy.ghost_ll;874503]Hi Frds

Any one can you give me some IDEA about sony digital Reader PRS-600.

- when I load my books in SD card or ProDue card / Internal Memory all bookks are Mixing....

so My query is Is there Option to Create FOLDERS

Technical BOOKS
Novals by Author etc

if its possiable create FOLDERS can you help me how to create

- Is it possiable to Rename Files?

Thanx and Regards
Holy.Ghost
Advert
Old 04-17-2010, 12:20 AM   #3
Katti's Cat
Wizard
Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS-600
Have you tried using Calibre? Should work for sd cards the same way as for the reader. Awesome tool.

But I could be wrong there - so far not used an sd card
Katti's Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 01:14 AM   #4
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
I use the reader software to organize "collections." I use an sd card, and I have different collections on the sd card and the reader itself. I can tell from the collections menu screen which location houses a given collection (it will have an sd icon if itʻs on the card, otherwise it has different initials on the icon). When it has the list by date or alphabet, it also shows me which location houses that book.

So I have "solved" that problem by making collections in the sony reader software. You can also use Calibre (and some prefer it) to do the same thing, I believe.
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 06:49 AM   #5
ll_holy.ghost_ll

Hi

I dont know anything.. what do u mean by Caliber.. Ism it a software. and also how to create collections ..I tried a lot..
if you dont mind can you tell me step by step..
Thanx& Regards
Advert
Old 04-17-2010, 09:47 AM   #6
Mike_73
Guru
Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.

Device: PRS-505, PRS-600, iPad 16GB Wifi, Kindle Voyage, Nexus 6, Razr HD
Collections are tags. You tag every book (file) with its appropriate name(s). E.g. "novel", "next to read", "kids books". You can have multiple tags for one book.
Once you have tagged your books, they will show up on the reader in the appropriate collection (if you tagged one book with 2 tags, the book will show up in either collection).
I don't use calibre, but Sony software works like this:
1. select where you want to create a collection in the left pane (reader, memory card)
2. press the "+" in the lower left corner of the software
3. a new collection (like a folder) will be created. Name it to your likes
4. drag any book onto a collection (I never tried the other way, I should try some time)
5. do this for the other books
6. disconnect the reader and wait until the reader updated its internal databes
7. finished.

Ok, so collections are tags, not folders. It doesn't matter where your books are stored on the reader or memory cards. You can have a book on memory card, but add it to a collection right on the reader. It just depends how you want to organize it.
Folders in comparison are real memory locations, and so far, there is no hack yet like the one for the prs505 which can handle browsing folders.

I hope this helped a little. Aaahh, be carfeull. If you put one book into a collection twice, it will look as if you have this book in your collection 2 times.
Mike_73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 06:09 PM   #7
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by ll_holy.ghost_ll View Post
Hi

I dont know anything.. what do u mean by Caliber.. Ism it a software. and also how to create collections ..I tried a lot..
if you dont mind can you tell me step by step..
Thanx& Regards

Calibre.

Go here, please:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=166

There will shortly be a number of MobileRead Members here to give you some helpful specifics.

Don
(Moderator)
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote