Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 10-17-2012, 08:20 AM   #34666
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
I keep telling people but they never listen! Break the cookies in half before you eat them. All the calories will fall out!!

Stitchawl
Well, that's okay then, since she made speculaas brokken (gingerbread chunks), which is a huge cookie broken into smaller pieces. The second batch turned out a bit better but still not quite right. Next time she's going to use a different recipe, with milk or buttermilk as an ingredient to see if that works better.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 11:12 AM   #34667
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
It isn't required, just recommended. It tries to make sure you don't enter your banking details in an imitation website, so if you remove it, be careful!

(Check your computer's activity. I noticed that when my browser paused, it's CPU usage went up to 100% - it was the Trusteer Rapport software doing something odd. )
Thanks. I have been looking when my system seems to be running slow, and have not yet seen Trusteer as the culprit, but I may just get rid of it anyway, as I do very little in the way of online transactions.

Last edited by orlok; 10-18-2012 at 09:33 AM.
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 11:18 AM   #34668
MJK2111
FUBAR!
MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 S
Waiting impatiently for FedEx to deliver my new Samsung Galaxy Player 4.0...
MJK2111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 05:07 PM   #34669
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
I'm taking a day of annual leave this week. Just finished cutting the grass for what I hope is the last time this year. Did the whole ¼ acre lot; including the "dog pen"—that small, fenced-in are that surrounds the pool, the deck, the pear tree, and everything else directly behind the house. That needed the push mower; the rest I was able to get with the riding mower.

Amazing how energy starts flowing back into the old bones with just 24 extra hours away from Grayworld. I live for the day I can retire.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 06:25 PM   #34670
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
I'm taking a day of annual leave this week. Just finished cutting the grass for what I hope is the last time this year. Did the whole ¼ acre lot; including the "dog pen"—that small, fenced-in are that surrounds the pool, the deck, the pear tree, and everything else directly behind the house. That needed the push mower; the rest I was able to get with the riding mower.
A pear tree?!? I'm not going to ask...

Quote:
Amazing how energy starts flowing back into the old bones with just 24 extra hours away from Grayworld. I live for the day I can retire.
Retirement is great... once you find some work to do.

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 07:17 PM   #34671
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I'm trying to figure out why I bought a 16G memory card for my camera yesterday...

I have half a dozen 4G cards. I have a small case attached to my camera strap that hold two cards, plus one inside the camera, and another three cards in my camera bag if needed. Each card gives me about 244 high res images at the resolution I use. That's about 6 rolls of 36-exposure film. Well, I easily fill 1-2 cards in a day of shooting in a new area. But a 16G card gives me the equivalent of about 27 rolls of film! Even under water I have no need for 27 rolls of film on on tank of air! What possessed me to buy a 16G memory card just because memory has become so much cheaper?!?

Stitchawl
Old 10-17-2012, 07:19 PM   #34672
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
bigger and better toys isn't that what boys are all about?
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 07:25 PM   #34673
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
bigger and better toys isn't that what boys are all about?
I figure I done good. I only bought one...

(I confess to looking with longing at a 32G memory stick (thumb drive)... At the moment I have several smaller ones that I rarely use, but the biggest is only 16G. I think the most I've ever put on it at one time may have been 5G, but the price of the 32G was sooo cheap... Maybe I'll pass that shop again on today's walk.)

Stitchawl
Old 10-17-2012, 07:25 PM   #34674
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:

(I confess to looking with longing at a 32G memory stick... At the moment I have several smaller ones that I rarely use, but the biggest is only 16G. I think the most I've ever put on it at one time may have been 5G, but the price of the 32G was sooo cheap... Maybe I'll pass that shop again on today's walk.)

Stitchawl
bad boy!
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 07:53 AM   #34675
red_phoenix
Grand Sorcerer
red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Quote:

(I confess to looking with longing at a 32G memory stick (thumb drive)... At the moment I have several smaller ones that I rarely use, but the biggest is only 16G. I think the most I've ever put on it at one time may have been 5G, but the price of the 32G was sooo cheap... Maybe I'll pass that shop again on today's walk.)

Stitchawl
It's the "I can't turn down a great deal" syndrome. I suffer from it too. I cannot tell you the number of times I have bought "stuff" that I didn't need because it was a really good deal.
red_phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 08:13 AM   #34676
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
Thanks. I have been looking when my system seems to be running slow, and have not yet seen Trusteer as the culprit, but I may just get rid of it anyway, as I do very little in the way of online transations.
Well, you could always uninstall it, see if things are any better, and reinstall it if they're not.

I only tracked it down as the problem after dumping every other add-on or plugin on my system. Only when I uninstalled rapport did the problem go away, and it hasn't come back.

But usual disclaimer: removing software that's supposed to make on-line transactions safer should only be done as a last resort, and with the security trade-offs in mind.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 06:36 PM   #34677
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Just got back from my postprandial stroll. The sky was totally clear when I set out. Half-way through my walk the clouds rolled in & opened up! By the time I got home (at a fairly rapid clip) it had stopped. Hanging up my clothes to dry now.
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 07:24 PM   #34678
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
That's called taking your shower BEFORE you finish the walk!
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 07:34 PM   #34679
Stitchawl
Opsimath

I thought the only person to use the word 'postprandial' was Archie McNally!

Stitchawl
Old 10-18-2012, 07:47 PM   #34680
MrDoug
Banned
MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: IPad - Kobo Glo - Nook Glo - Samsung Galaxy Note II
Just got home.. having a Cold Beer and checking Email.. deciding what Tablet and eReader to buy next.. also going to watch Seattle Seahawks vs S. F. 49ers! GO SEATTLE..

Last edited by MrDoug; 10-18-2012 at 07:52 PM.
MrDoug is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
android, banana bread - yummy, bread machines, drunk college student, duck!, hooters, how to make apple butter, how to make cream soda, invasion of privacy, liquid eyeliner, plockhoy, spice trade, thread that never ends, unutterable silliness, wait, what?