Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 06-06-2011, 10:50 PM   #1
The Written Wyrd
The Written Wyrd began at the beginning.

Device: all
Question New epublisher needs a bit of help

Hello everyone,

I am a speculative fiction (sci fi, fantasy, horror) author who has decided to offer my works as a nonprofit activity to support self published authors. You can take a look at what I am up to at my web site:

http://the-written-wyrd.org

As part of this, I am trying to set my works in epub format. I can get PDFs with no real problem, but my efforts at ePub are not doing too well. I downloaded a set of ePub templates, so I have that part squared away, but I have no luck converting my files to XML 1.1. I have Adobe Indesign CS4, and Adobe Acrobat / Distiller, but I can't figure out how to make the conversion work.

I've done some digging on the net, but everything I find is written in ubergeek Can someone help me with this please?

Muchos thank you!

Bob Boyd

Last edited by The Written Wyrd; 06-06-2011 at 11:04 PM.
The Written Wyrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 11:44 AM   #2
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
Good to have your company, Bob. You'll find it usedl to pop into one of the dedicated sub forums here for quick advice on specific issues like this. Luck and best wishes. Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-07-2011, 06:52 PM   #3
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi Bob and welcome to MobileRead
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 07:06 PM   #4
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Your questions will probably get noticed more if you re-post them in the ePub section. I'm unclear are you exporting to XML and then wanting to take that to ePub or are you doing an ePub export right out of InDesign? Where is Acrobat/Distiller coming in?
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 12:37 PM   #5
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Welcome to Mobileread....

Have you seen E-book Software & E-book Formats ....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
epub, epub check, epub conversion