Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 03-16-2012, 04:00 PM   #16
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Pocketbook Inkpad 4, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Scribe
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgmueller View Post
9:55 am CET (Germany).
Just unboxing it...

Directly out of bed...
And Germany is supposed to bail us all out...
aceflor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 04:27 PM   #17
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by aceflor View Post
And Germany is supposed to bail us all out...
Of course I had been working all night until 9:45 am, 10 minutes of sleep should be allowed.

Last edited by mgmueller; 03-16-2012 at 08:58 PM.
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-17-2012, 09:44 AM   #18
mbelec
Addict
mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs-350, Ipad 3
My husband and I got our ipad 3's yesterday as well. We're both new to ipads/apple products but graduated from 10" mini laptops (which I sold on ebay). I picked up a few smart covers on ebay and wanted to let people know that the generic ipad 2 smart covers do not have the magnets in the correct place to turn the ipad 3 on and off. I got my husband this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Red-Ultra-Sl...item3cc235d272

which works well to turn the ipad 3 on and off when you open/close the cover, however I got this for myself:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/iPad-2-Smart...item3f142fe299

and it doesn't turn the device on and off. The magnets that connect the cover to the device work fine, but it doesn't turn on and off when you open/close the cover. My daughter has an ipad 2 so she adopted my new purple cover and it works fine on the ipad 2.
mbelec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 01:40 PM   #19
rhari79
Addict
rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: .*
This one review says the ipad gets hot fast.
http://goodereader.com/blog/tablet-s...-apple-ipad-3/

Has anyone observed this?
rhari79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 01:48 PM   #20
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhari79 View Post

I wouldn't say "hot". But it gets warm (*). Warmer than I'm used to with other tablets. Don't remember having experienced this with iPad 2, either.
It's not alarming yet, but it's pretty obvious.

(*) I haven't used it more than 2 hours in a row, though. Maybe it really gets hot when being used for extended periods?

Last edited by mgmueller; 03-17-2012 at 01:51 PM.
Advert
Old 03-17-2012, 02:03 PM   #21
mbelec
Addict
mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I did notice that it got warm last evening/not hot while loading apps, but not bad. My laptop gets hotter with use.
Old 03-17-2012, 07:38 PM   #22
mgmueller
Member Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbelec View Post
I did notice that it got warm last evening/not hot while loading apps, but not bad. My laptop gets hotter with use.
I'v read, surfed and played for maybe 4 hours just now in a single instance on iPad 3. It only did get slightly warm. It was way warmer yesterday, when downloading hundreds of apps.
Old 03-17-2012, 09:43 PM   #23
Talldog
Addict
Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, KDX Graphite, Surface Pro
Quote:

I've spent hours on mine and I haven't noticed any heat. Mainly doing web browsing.
Talldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 01:58 AM   #24
aagstn
Evangelist
aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3, iPad mini 2
Quote:

When playing games that really push the processor it gets fairly warm. I haven't noticed it at all when reading or web browsing.
aagstn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 07:14 AM   #25
monkeyluis
Banned
monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad "3", Kindle Touch, Kindle Fire, iPhone 4S
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgmueller View Post
I'v read, surfed and played for maybe 4 hours just now in a single instance on iPad 3. It only did get slightly warm. It was way warmer yesterday, when downloading hundreds of apps.
Same here. Been fine since then. Even played some graphic intense games. No problems.
monkeyluis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 07:15 AM   #26
monkeyluis
Banned
monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad "3", Kindle Touch, Kindle Fire, iPhone 4S
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbelec View Post
My husband and I got our ipad 3's yesterday as well. We're both new to ipads/apple products but graduated from 10" mini laptops (which I sold on ebay). I picked up a few smart covers on ebay and wanted to let people know that the generic ipad 2 smart covers do not have the magnets in the correct place to turn the ipad 3 on and off. I got my husband this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Red-Ultra-Sl...item3cc235d272

which works well to turn the ipad 3 on and off when you open/close the cover, however I got this for myself:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/iPad-2-Smart...item3f142fe299

and it doesn't turn the device on and off. The magnets that connect the cover to the device work fine, but it doesn't turn on and off when you open/close the cover. My daughter has an ipad 2 so she adopted my new purple cover and it works fine on the ipad 2.
Weird. My iPad 2 smart cover works just fine. It's all I'm using. Apple did mention it would work.
monkeyluis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 09:04 AM   #27
mbelec
Addict

Hmm. Maybe the Apple ipad 2 smart cover works fine. My daughter purchased a generic one on amazon that doesn't work on the ipad 3 and the one above I bought on ebay doesn't either. They both work fine on her ipad 2, hence her taking my purple one to replace her black one. I was looking for a bargain and didn't get it, I guess.
Old 03-18-2012, 05:02 PM   #28
revfish
The Pastor of Disaster
revfish has learned how to read e-booksrevfish has learned how to read e-booksrevfish has learned how to read e-booksrevfish has learned how to read e-booksrevfish has learned how to read e-booksrevfish has learned how to read e-booksrevfish has learned how to read e-booksrevfish has learned how to read e-books

Device: Sony PRS-650, Apple iPad 3 64GB Wifi
We didn't order far enough in advance. Ours are not arriving til the 9th & 10th. Apparently, if you order a 4G one it arrives a day later than the Wi-Fi only one.

I am greatly looking forward to getting mine as is my wife. The big downside is that mine is coming on a Friday when I work til 10PM so I won't even get to play with it till Saturday cause I will have to install my backup on it Friday night.
revfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 06:10 PM   #29
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Just got mine Friday morning and like it a lot. Have even been reading an eBook on it (Naked Heat).

Don't notice any unusual warmth.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 10:41 AM   #30
Andy_T
Evangelist
Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod touch, iPhone, iPad, Kindle KB, NT, Fire, PW II
So, how is it for reading, compared to the old ones?

Best regards,
Andy
Andy_T is offline   Reply With Quote