Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-27-2010, 06:55 PM   #16
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
calibre comes with a command line tool called epub-fix that will fix this (and other) issues for you.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 12:12 PM   #17
kefren
kefren began at the beginning.

Device: Various
(Sorry for necromancy, but this was the only result I got for the problem.)

I just had this file validation error too (from Smashwords), and it totally confused me for a while. Then I discovered this thread, opened the Calibre viewer, General>Miscellaneous options, unticked the setting "Keep a copy of bookmarks/current page inside the ebook file, for easy sharing" - hopefully fixed for the future. I never suspected viewing the file in Calibre as a test would then add an extra file that would cause errors on some sites.

Would it be possible for this to be UNTICKED by default on installation? The option is not something I'd want, and can cause problems with other services, and headaches for novices. Generally if something can cause problems it's better to disable it by default, but leave it as an option for those that want it.
kefren is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
apple tablet, validation