Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 11-14-2009, 09:34 AM   #1
Gibbo
Guru
Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab A (2019) - iPhone 11 - KA1 - Onyx Boox Nova Pro
Lightbulb Under The Dome Already on the Net

As expected it's already out on the dark net

Last edited by Gibbo; 11-14-2009 at 10:11 AM.
Gibbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 10:27 AM   #2
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibbo View Post
As expected it's already out on the dark net
I'm coming up dry myself in my search for it (bought the hardback yesterday for £10 on a whim, even after promising myself no more paper books and especially no more Stephen King books). Now I feel like a filesharing noob

EDIT: Out of curiosity did it get released in .pdf or was it some other more ebooky format?

Last edited by Moejoe; 11-14-2009 at 10:30 AM.
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-14-2009, 10:32 AM   #3
Gibbo
Guru
Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab A (2019) - iPhone 11 - KA1 - Onyx Boox Nova Pro
Theres a html and an rtf version but they need heavy proof reading.
Gibbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 10:34 AM   #4
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibbo View Post
Theres a html and an rtf version but they need heavy proof reading.
I had a feeling we'd get a leaked .prc or .epub on the day of the release, but I was completely wrong. Looks like a quick scan and dump job then. Probably get up to a v4 before it's even close to the actual book
Old 11-14-2009, 10:41 AM   #5
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
The (legit) eBook version come out in about six weeks. Details here http://www.readersread.com/blog/1025091
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-14-2009, 10:46 AM   #6
Moejoe
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassidym View Post
The (legit) eBook version come out in about six weeks. Details here http://www.readersread.com/blog/1025091
I know, but why wait? You can read it now and then buy a digital copy when it comes out, or buy a paper copy now and then pirate a clean copy when it's released (if you like it). There's lots of options for us in a digital world. Sadly the publishers and SK himself didn't want to treat us paying customers like adults, so you know what, screw them and him.
Old 11-14-2009, 10:51 AM   #7
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:

Yeah, we learned about this a few weeks ago. I'm just going to wait. I am way behind in my reading anyway.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 10:53 AM   #8
Moejoe
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
Yeah, we learned about this a few weeks ago. I'm just going to wait. I am way behind in my reading anyway.
If you like SK this is his by far his best stuff for at least 20 years I would say. I'm halfway through now and I only picked it up last night
Old 11-14-2009, 10:59 AM   #9
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I'm with you daffy4u. I've got a ton of books on reader. Still, I wish Moejoe hadn't said what a great read it is. No, I'm strong. I can wait. Okay, okay, maybe I'll wait till lunch to buy the thing.

Shoot
Old 11-14-2009, 11:13 AM   #10
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I'm with you daffy4u. I've got a ton of books on reader. Still, I wish Moejoe hadn't said what a great read it is. No, I'm strong. I can wait. Okay, okay, maybe I'll wait till lunch to buy the thing.

Shoot
I did buy the hard cover but it's just too big and heavy (bout 3 lbs) to carry around the next couple of weeks. If I can avoid people giving away details, I can hold out. That may mean leaving MR until January.
Old 11-14-2009, 11:20 AM   #11
Moejoe
Banned

Quote:
I did buy the hard cover but it's just too big and heavy (bout 3 lbs) to carry around the next couple of weeks. If I can avoid people giving away details, I can hold out. That may mean leaving MR until January.

Well....in the third chapter this psychotic giraffe with a strange love of feather boas attacks....I think I've given too much away
Old 11-14-2009, 11:21 AM   #12
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moejoe View Post
Well....in the third chapter this psychotic giraffe with a strange love of feather boas attacks....I think I've given too much away

AAAAAAAARRRRRGGGGGG!!!!!!!
Old 11-14-2009, 12:49 PM   #13
6charlong
friendly lurker
6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, nook, Apple and Kobo
If you like digital and don't want the "weighty" pbook, it also came out in audio form. Audible has it for one credit or $19.59 member price. At Amazon the audio book is $26.39.

(I suspect they are trying an experiment to see how many people will actually wait for the ebook--since they're using such a popular writer's best work and all--or is that another conspiracy theory?).
6charlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 01:01 PM   #14
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6charlong View Post
If you like digital and don't want the "weighty" pbook, it also came out in audio form. Audible has it for one credit or $19.59 member price. At Amazon the audio book is $26.39.

(I suspect they are trying an experiment to see how many people will actually wait for the ebook--since they're using such a popular writer's best work and all--or is that another conspiracy theory?).
My next 2 member credits hit on the 25th so I'll pick it up then but I want to read this one. I'll listen to it on my next road trip (if I like it).
Old 11-14-2009, 03:51 PM   #15
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer

King's thinking, I believe, is that it's unlikely many people will give the eBook version as a Christmas present. So, he wants to maximize tree book sales both for customers who will buy it and read it straight away but also for those who will buy it to give. He probably figures the eBook crowd will celebrate Christmas by treating themselves to a copy when it is released on, or just before, the 25th of December.