Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-06-2009, 06:29 PM   #1
emonti8384
browneyedgurl
emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505/950x2, PRS-600 silver, Galaxy III purple, T2 black
Okay, quick question....

I just got my 600 (boyfriend got it for my bday, what a sweetie, huh?) annnnnddd....my computer stopped working. I sent it away to have it totally wiped out and redone and I guess my question is-how do I get my version of the Sony ebookstore back? I bought my 505 and it came with the disk, but I cannot find it and dummy me, I gave my other 505 away . If I download it online it gives me the new version, and I have to say for some reason it's not striking my fancy. Thanks, fellas!

P.s. Not "my" version, but you know what I mean, lol!
emonti8384 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 07:45 PM   #2
venator
venator began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-600
If the version you are looking for is the eBook Library 2.x, Borders seems to still have a link to it on their website: http://ebooks.borders.com/content/borders/index.shtml

And the direct link, for records: http://download.sony.com/prs/ebookli...0Installer.exe

Hope this helps
venator is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-06-2009, 07:47 PM   #3
kenmark
Addict
kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by emonti8384 View Post
I just got my 600 (boyfriend got it for my bday, what a sweetie, huh?) annnnnddd....my computer stopped working. I sent it away to have it totally wiped out and redone and I guess my question is-how do I get my version of the Sony ebookstore back? I bought my 505 and it came with the disk, but I cannot find it and dummy me, I gave my other 505 away . If I download it online it gives me the new version, and I have to say for some reason it's not striking my fancy. Thanks, fellas!

P.s. Not "my" version, but you know what I mean, lol!
eBook Library 2.5:

http://download.sony.com/prs/ebookli...0Installer.exe
kenmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 07:53 PM   #4
terekkincaid
Connoisseur
terekkincaid doesn't litterterekkincaid doesn't litter

Device: nook
If I'm not mistaken, you need to have version 3.0 or later to sync the 600. But I'm often mistaken
terekkincaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 07:44 AM   #5
Kiwimick
Addict
Kiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five words

Device: Sony PRS650
I have just got the Touch and I was unable to get the latest version of the library to work on my system (Windows XP) and so thanks to KenMark i downloaded the 2.5 version and i synced with that ok
Kiwimick is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-08-2009, 04:37 PM   #6
emonti8384
browneyedgurl
emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks, I'll have to try it, I get my computer back 2morrow-can't wait!!! Another question I have is-will I still be able to read all my books? My computer's still authorized to my account and all, but I was worried that if he (the guy who's fixing my pc) erased everything off my computer I won't be able to read the books I have. Does anyone think that will be a problem? Thanks for ur help!!!!
Old 11-08-2009, 04:40 PM   #7
emonti8384
browneyedgurl

Quote:
Originally Posted by terekkincaid View Post
If I'm not mistaken, you need to have version 3.0 or later to sync the 600. But I'm often mistaken
You know what, before my pc took a poop on me I hooked it up to my pc to authorize it and I could put books on it, so I don't think that will be a problem (?). At least I hope not, lol. I'm not too saavy when it comes to finding the solution to a problem, ha ha!
Old 11-09-2009, 11:04 AM   #8
amjbrown
Addict
amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle app on the iPhone
Quote:
Thanks, I'll have to try it, I get my computer back 2morrow-can't wait!!! Another question I have is-will I still be able to read all my books? My computer's still authorized to my account and all, but I was worried that if he (the guy who's fixing my pc) erased everything off my computer I won't be able to read the books I have. Does anyone think that will be a problem? Thanks for ur help!!!!
You just log on with your ADE / Sony Bookstore credentials, and all will be fine.

You may find you have used up two authroisations with one PC. a quick email to Sony will fix that.

amjb
amjbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 09:45 PM   #9
emonti8384
browneyedgurl

Okay guys and girls, big moment-I get my computer back, log into my account, and it says "authorizing pc to account". So now I essentially have 2 computers, the before computer got fixed/after computer got fixed. Can I um, fix that, lol? I went to the sony ebookstore chat people and....let's just say George wasn't very helpful!!!

Last edited by emonti8384; 11-09-2009 at 09:48 PM.
Old 11-09-2009, 10:05 PM   #10
emonti8384
browneyedgurl

Quote:
Originally Posted by amjbrown View Post
You just log on with your ADE / Sony Bookstore credentials, and all will be fine.

You may find you have used up two authroisations with one PC. a quick email to Sony will fix that.

amjb

So will they just be able to combine the "2" pc's I have? Like, one's named "Emily's home pc" & the other is "Computer 4". Do I just ask them to make them into 1 auth/1 pc, or will I have 2 auth's/1 pc showing?

Does it make sense what I'm asking, lol?!?! Cuz i find i don't make a whole lot of sense sometimes
Old 11-09-2009, 10:25 PM   #11
kenmark
Addict
kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Okay guys and girls, big moment-I get my computer back, log into my account, and it says "authorizing pc to account". So now I essentially have 2 computers, the before computer got fixed/after computer got fixed. Can I um, fix that, lol? I went to the chat people and....let's just say George wasn't very helpful!!!
I just went to my account so I could give you instructions on how to remove an authorized computer and found out that I had an unknown computer on my account. I renamed the unknown computer to something obvious, like "Unknown Computer". A quick chat session with Eduardo, I was next in line, and within a few minutes he de-authorized my unknown computer. It took less than 5 minutes.
kenmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 03:49 AM   #12
amjbrown
Addict
amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle app on the iPhone
Exactly my experience a couple of months ago kenmark. Rename it to something very clear like "SONY - please delete me!", and e-mail or initiate a chat session with Sony. couldn't be easier.

amjb
amjbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 03:10 PM   #13
emonti8384
browneyedgurl

I talked to the ebookstore people and they de-authorized the Emily's home computer and left computer 4 authorized. So it got taken care of, finally! Everyone I talked to kept telling me to de-auth computer 4, but if I did that as soon as I signed back into my account to buy a book it would re-auth, lol. As long as I can read all the books I bought I don't care what they do! Thank you soooo much everyone, I get super confused sometimes.

(by the way I looooove my 600!!)

Last edited by emonti8384; 11-11-2009 at 03:14 PM.
Old 11-12-2009, 06:18 PM   #14
emonti8384
browneyedgurl

Whew, I don't know if I was havin one of those days, but for some reason I was just not getting it, lol!!! Thank goodness thats past. Okay, everything has been settled, still reading off my beloved reader. I noticed that when I tried to pop in my SD card that the staus bar would load, load, load and then the reader would shut off. Turn it back on and it would happen again and again. The battery was fully charged, and when I pop the card into my 505 it works just fine. Does anyone have a thought?

Sorry, here I am wantin to ask ONE thing and it turned into a 21 questions question, lol