Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > Upload Help

Notices

Old 08-20-2009, 09:42 AM   #1
AprilHare
Wizard
AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T2
Steele Rudd books

OK, I've published "On Our Selection" and "Our New Selection" by Steele Rudd, which is all well and good because I got the text nice and legally from PG Australia and Freeread.
But that isn't all that Steele Rudd wrote, not by far!

I am lucky enough to have a copy of a four volume compendium of Steele Rudd books. They were published in 1992 by Queensland University Press, reprinted in 1993 and 1994.
The problem is, this compendium has been rebranded with copyright 1987 QUP and an estate. As such, it seems doubtful it would be legal to take the sections that are from the early part of this century - what Steele Rudd actually wrote - and republish it elsewhere.
The question is: how else can I get this stuff on my Sony Reader? - The only public texts I have found seem to be "On My Selection" and "Our New Selection" (which have been somewhat confusingly edited in the QUP compendium, moving half of the chapters of each to constitute "Stocking Our Selection"). Would I need to go out and find the original texts from the early 20th century myself?
The QUP compendium contains the following (for reference):
Vol 1 "On Our Selection":
  1. On Our Selection
  2. Our New Selection
  3. Sandy's Selection
  4. Back at Our Selection
Vol 2 "The Old Homestead"
  1. In Australia
  2. For Life and other stories
  3. The Old Homestead
  4. On Emu Creek
  5. The Romance of Runnibede