Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-14-2012, 03:20 AM   #1
adrian142
adrian142 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Question K3 Keyboard, TTS, 3.4, German voices

i had a working localization of the k3 keyboard with german voices (yannick and steffi) a while back.

then i switched to kindle touch, keeping the keyboard as backup device. the software on the kk updated to version 3.4.

as i now want to switch to the paperwhite, giving my kindle touch to a friend, and the paperwhite having no tts, i want use the kk for this task.

but seems than i am stuck, because i don't remember the steps for switching the tts to german anymore. and i don't now i this is possible anyway, when using the version 3.4 on the kindle.

thx for any help or hint.
-adrian
adrian142 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 01:48 AM   #2
ewy
Connoisseur
ewy has much to be proud ofewy has much to be proud ofewy has much to be proud ofewy has much to be proud ofewy has much to be proud ofewy has much to be proud ofewy has much to be proud ofewy has much to be proud ofewy has much to be proud ofewy has much to be proud ofewy has much to be proud of

Device: Sony PRS-505, Kindle 3 WiFi
Just press the "AA" button and turn on "Text to speech". Once the Kindle started reading, you press the "AA" button again and switch the "Speaking voice". On my K3, I've installed German language as female while the male version remained English - I don't remember if that's always the case, but I'm pretty sure that's the only way to switch languages.

Hope that helps,
Christian
ewy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert