Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 11-24-2010, 01:12 AM   #16
crahol
crahol began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Now the problem seems to be that the size of the book is too large to e-mail as I am gettign the following Clipboard error mesage;

The Fall of Berlin 1945
(552, "5.2.3 Your message exceeded Google's message size limits. Please visit\n5.2.3 http://mail.google.com/support/bin/a...py?answer=8770 to review\n5.2.3 our size guidelines. f5sm5590637wfg.14", u'holtzcraig@gmail.com')
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 645, in _send_mails
File "site-packages\calibre\utils\smtp.py", line 106, in sendmail
File "smtplib.py", line 698, in sendmail
SMTPSenderRefused: (552, "5.2.3 Your message exceeded Google's message size limits. Please visit\n5.2.3 http://mail.google.com/support/bin/a...py?answer=8770 to review\n5.2.3 our size guidelines. f5sm5590637wfg.14", u'holtzcraig@gmail.com')

Any suggestions so that I can transfer the e-book wirelessly?

Thank you, Craig
crahol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 01:14 AM   #17
crahol

duckbill: Can you explain how to use the remote server in Calibre?

Thank you,
Craig
Advert
Old 11-24-2010, 01:41 AM   #18
crahol

Can I e-mail the e-book from my regular home e-mail address to my kindle e-mail address as opposed to e-mailing from my gmail e-mail address to my kindle e-mail address?
Old 11-24-2010, 04:06 AM   #19
suecsi
Rock Chick
suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: Kindle 2i, Kindle DX, Kindle 3G
Sure, as long as the sending email address is listed as approved in Manage Your Kindle.

Also try the combination of Calibre/DropBox/Calibre2OPDS described in the stickies at the top - this works very well indeed.
suecsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 02:16 PM   #20
OBoyle
Sr. Reader, Jr. Member
OBoyle began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-600, PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leep View Post
Select the book that you want to send to your Kindle and then click on the "Connect/Share" icon on the Calibre menu bar.
One of the choices when the menu drops down is "email to yourkindlename@kindle.com

And one more query. Is Calibre smart enough to convert an Epub file to mobi BEFORE it sends the file to a Kindle, or will I need to convert it first? And if not, and I then have TWO versions of the book in my library, will Calibre send the proper version?

Thanks.

JLOB

JLOB
OBoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-24-2010, 02:22 PM   #21
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by OBoyle View Post
And one more query. Is Calibre smart enough to convert an Epub file to mobi BEFORE it sends the file to a Kindle, or will I need to convert it first? And if not, and I then have TWO versions of the book in my library, will Calibre send the proper version?

Thanks.

JLOB

JLOB

You'll need to convert it, and yes, Calibre will send the proper version.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 02:40 PM   #22
OBoyle
Sr. Reader, Jr. Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
You'll need to convert it, and yes, Calibre will send the proper version.

Must STILL be doing something wrong. Receiver has (according to him) authorized my email address. I've added his to Calibre. I converted the book. Calibre tries to send and responds with.....

ERROR: Failed to email books: Failed to email the following books:

Worth Dying For

Failed to send mail: error(10060, 'A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond')
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 645, in _send_mails
File "site-packages\calibre\utils\smtp.py", line 87, in sendmail
File "site-packages\calibre\utils\smtp.py", line 79, in sendmail_direct
IOError: Failed to send mail: error(10060, 'A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond')

Anyone have any thoughts?

Thanks.

JLOB
Old 11-24-2010, 02:52 PM   #23
OBoyle
Sr. Reader, Jr. Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBoyle View Post
Must STILL be doing something wrong.
BTW. Does Amazon imposes any charges on the recipient for free (or non DRM) books sent via Calibre email?

JLOB
Old 11-24-2010, 04:49 PM   #24
duckbill
Enthusiast
duckbill began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505, Kindle 3 Wi-Fi
Quote:
Originally Posted by crahol View Post
duckbill: Can you explain how to use the remote server in Calibre?

Thank you,
Craig
Terribly sorry old chap. The feature is actually called "Content Server". It was fairly simple to setup and there is plenty of help out there should you fail.

This feature has been upgraded significantly through the past updates, so it might make sense updating your Calibre version.

Regards
duckbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 12:43 AM   #25
crahol

How do you recommend I update my Calibre version? Will it erase my eBooks already saved?
Old 11-25-2010, 11:22 AM   #26
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by crahol View Post
How do you recommend I update my Calibre version? Will it erase my eBooks already saved?
Except for the Windows Versions noted (applies to a Really old Calibre), you just run the installer (After you Quit Calibre.no tray icon showing either).

Of course, It never hurts to back up you Library folder Mine (1275 titles) easily fits on a DVD-R
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 09:27 AM   #27
speedlever
Fanatic
speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.

Device: PW2014, PW2012, iPad Pro
I just ran into the file size limit using Google mail. Seems the best option is just to side-load books of that size (Decision points - ~45mb).

Wonder what the Google mail file size limit is?
speedlever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 12:37 PM   #28
DMSmillie
Enquiring Mind
DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'

Device: Kindle 3 (WiFi)
From Gmail Help : Maximum attachment size :

Quote:
"With Gmail, you can send and receive messages up to 25 megabytes (MB) in size."
DMSmillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 12:45 PM   #29
speedlever
Fanatic
speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.

Device: PW2014, PW2012, iPad Pro
Thanks. And of my email providers, Google allows the largest. Oh well, a quick sideload took care of it.
speedlever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 08:55 AM   #30
DawnB
DawnB began at the beginning.

Can anyone help, I do all the steps above, but as I send, Calibre asks if I want to auto convert.
Do I say yes?
If so, what format, as the books are just not going through to my Kindle if I say no.
DawnB is offline   Reply With Quote