Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 01-28-2014, 10:24 AM   #1
pei3
pei3 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Exclamation any suggestions for a beginner with e-reader?

Hey guys, i've been reading my novels with my phone, but the screen strains my eyes after a while, so i was thinking of buying an e-ink ereader.
But there's a few things that i want to make sure with,

i would like an e-reader that i can read the books that i have downloaded straight from the internet.
this is so that i can read between books that i have bought and books that i have downloaded straight off torrent sites

also it e-readers that are e-ink

theres two e-readers that i'm thinking of, kono mini and kindle wifi 6", since i do have a tight budget on spending my money on an ereader.

hopefully i get some good suggestions and thanks for the help guys!
Old 01-28-2014, 03:00 PM   #2
susan_cassidy
Wizard
susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad (not used much for reading)
If you have bought books from sites with DRM, then you need a e-reader that supports that type of DRM. You shouldn't download books from torrent sites. They are usually illegal sites, where authors do not get paid for their work.

Any e-reader will let you sideload books, I believe. Sideloading is loading books via a USB cable, usually. Although Amazon has a method to let you email books to your Kindle.
Old 01-29-2014, 06:29 AM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Moderator Notice
We will not permit MobileRead's forums to be used to request or provide assistance with pirated books. Thread closed.
Closed Thread

Tags
copyright, ereader, help deciding, suggestions