Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 02-04-2013, 02:42 PM   #1651
Pookeysgirl
Wizard
Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckieTigger View Post
Why not read the thread? It is good entertainment between Harry books. I still need to catch up on page 26-80 - I skipped that part. But only after I finished Cold Days will I try to catch up
I've read the entire thread and I swear I can't remember half of it. That's probably why I have no difficulty re-reading books, I can never remember everything in them
Pookeysgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 02:47 PM   #1652
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool didn't say

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckieTigger View Post
Why not read the thread? It is good entertainment between Harry books. I still need to catch up on page 26-80 - I skipped that part. But only after I finished Cold Days will I try to catch up
The OP didn't say she'd not read, or was not planning to read the entire thread. I just asked her if she had, or if that was her ultimate intent.

alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 11:48 AM   #1653
Tony Richards
Wizard
Tony Richards ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony Richards ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony Richards ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony Richards ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony Richards ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony Richards ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony Richards ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony Richards ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony Richards ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony Richards ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony Richards ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I will! I will!
Tony Richards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 01:22 PM   #1654
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Cool you will what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Richards View Post
I will! I will!
Tony....welcome to The Dresden Files thread! A year and a half old and still going!

...er...you will...umm....what!?

Old 02-06-2013, 01:26 PM   #1655
steven522
binomial: homo legentem
steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iriver Story HD; Archos 80 G9
Adam vanLangenberg told him to go order a copy of "Cold Days" now!
steven522 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 01:33 PM   #1656
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool DUH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven522 View Post
Adam vanLangenberg told him to go order a copy of "Cold Days" now!
DUH! Well now I feel really dumb! I guess I depend too much on quotes, or partial quotes..oh well. I sure hope he's already read the previous 13 books!

Old 02-06-2013, 04:40 PM   #1657
steven522
binomial: homo legentem
steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iriver Story HD; Archos 80 G9
No guts, no glory! Spoilers have no sway over me! Jump right into the last book of the series first and read the chapters in descending order!

Huzzah!
steven522 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 07:54 PM   #1658
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool similar

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven522 View Post
No guts, no glory! Spoilers have no sway over me! Jump right into the last book of the series first and read the chapters in descending order!

Huzzah!
Hmmm...sounds similar to the way I speedread, I read just the first and last word of every page.

Old 02-09-2013, 01:41 PM   #1659
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool Jim Butcher Ghost Story Q&A Atlanta 8/1/2011

I recommend the use of headphones or earbuds as the sound is really poor.

Last edited by alansplace; 02-09-2013 at 03:19 PM. Reason: add comment
Old 02-11-2013, 01:06 AM   #1660
Shushan
Bibliophile
Shushan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shushan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shushan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shushan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shushan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shushan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shushan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shushan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shushan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shushan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shushan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Pandigital Novel, PC
Talking

Wow! Its not hard to see why this thread continues to thrive. Thanks for the great interview links!
Shushan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 08:35 AM   #1661
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shushan View Post
Wow! Its not hard to see why this thread continues to thrive. Thanks for the great interview links!
Of course it will live. There is still books to write for Jim and for us to read.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 11:39 AM   #1662
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
I had a dream Saturday morning that all the people in this thread were stuck in a house together. Especially odd in that I have no idea what most of you look like.
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 12:53 PM   #1663
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool me

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWatkinsNash View Post
I had a dream Saturday morning that all the people in this thread were stuck in a house together. Especially odd in that I have no idea what most of you look like.
Well, you certainly know
what I look like, this:

By the way, I like your hat
as it looks well-used.

Last edited by alansplace; 02-11-2013 at 12:56 PM. Reason: oops!
Old 02-11-2013, 10:30 PM   #1664
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
Quote:
Originally Posted by alansplace View Post
Well, you certainly know what I look like, this:

By the way, I like your hat
as it looks well-used.

My hat is... well, more like well-abused. Ah, the places it has been. I'd tell you, but then... you know the rest.

Ha. If I met a man that looked like Harry Dresden (or rather, McGrath's Harry Dresden) he'd never get rid of me. Okay, that sounded a little more psycho than I intended. Harry Dresden is the only book character that... never mind. Let's just say, if Harry had been in that dream with the rest of us, I'd still be sleeping.
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 10:40 PM   #1665
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWatkinsNash View Post
My hat is... well, more like well-abused. Ah, the places it has been. I'd tell you, but then... you know the rest.

Ha. If I met a man that looked like Harry Dresden (or rather, McGrath's Harry Dresden) he'd never get rid of me. Okay, that sounded a little more psycho than I intended. Harry Dresden is the only book character that... never mind. Let's just say, if Harry had been in that dream with the rest of us, I'd still be sleeping.

Tags
fantasy series, magic, supernatural, the dresden files, urban fantasy