Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 12-12-2012, 06:12 PM   #1
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
Exclamation Free SF/Fantasy - Baen Gift Bundle Retro-Buy (May 2007 & Nov 2001)

So, since Baen will be shutting down its monthly bundles shortly as far as availability of the older ones go, I've started purchasing some of the ones I had on my wishlist (and should probably have started earlier, as some books I wanted have disappeared, but at least the remaining bundles are cheaper now?)

I refer you to previous threads on exactly how the Baen Monthly Bundle Gift thing works, you can see detailed instructions here, which I advise you to read if you haven't done so already.

Long story short:

1. You need to supply an email address which is not registered with Baenebooks.com. And you need to supply it via PM to the person ahead of you in line. You then redeem via your regular Baenebooks.com account, which of course has a completely different email associated with it.

2. Email accounts with aggressive spam filters (work, Gmail, etc.) are not good choices. If you don't see the code, check your spamtrap, and/or PM the person ahead of you to see if they can send you the confirmation copy which Baen should have sent them.

3. Have another email address (your own secondary address which you know to work with Baen's system, or the address of the next person after you in line who will PM you) so that you can enter it as the next giftee when redeeming your freebie.

4. Do not redeem the code until you have 3. ready to go. You will break the chain and I will curse you personally.

(ETA: Just so you know, you have to redeem the codes in two separate transactions, or only one will get passed on (maybe) and then I'll really curse you and all your inadequate ancestors, and your misbegotten descendents unto the ninth generation. Just so you know.)

5. In order to keep track of things, please post in this thread when you have PMed the person in front of you, and then post again when you have received the code and are waiting/have passed it on to the next MR user.

Right now I am buying the two months which I am absolutely sure contain the combo of books that I want, and I will be passing both codes on to the next in line so that I don't clutter things up with 2 threads to track.

To keep things going, I request that all participants pass on both codes at the same time to the next in line as well, whether or not you want to get both bundles (already own, not interested in titles, profound ideological dispute with author which leaves one unwilling to even bump up stats with a freebie "sale", whatever), and just PM/forward whichever code you don't redeem, so that the chain can keep on going smoothly without people having to individually hunt down and wait for either part.

The bundles I am buying are:

November 2001

Marching Through Peachtree by Harry Turtledove
Wiz Combo II: Cursed and Consulted by Rick Cook (sequel to a very funny and highly recommended former Baen Free Library freebie series)
Agent of Vega by James H. Schmitz edited by Eric Flint and Guy Gordon
Sentry Peak by Harry Turtledove
Against the Odds by Elizabeth Moon
Down in the Bottomlands by Harry Turtledove and L.Sprague De Camp

May 2007

1634: The Baltic War by Eric Flint and David Weber
Lucy's Blade by John Lambshead
From the Sea to the Stars by Andre Norton
The Way to Glory by David Drake
Habeas Corpses by William Mark Simmons
Alternate Generals by Harry Turtledove, Roland Green and Martin H. Greenberg

If you sign up for this chain, please be so kind as to check back at MR/your email every few hours to see if someone else has signed on/sent you the codes so we can pass things through to as many readers as want to get in on this.

Apparently the deadline will be on Saturday, Dec 15th, at which point the bundles will dissolve and the prices of all of Baen's self-published e-books will go up. I advise you to get anything you think you might want before then. I'll probably pick up a few more bundles over the next day or so, but right now I need to cram for finals and don't have the leisure time to go over their catalogue properly.

Last edited by ATDrake; 12-12-2012 at 07:19 PM. Reason: I hope I don't end up swearing like a potty-mouthed parrot by the end of this day. At least, not over this.
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 06:14 PM   #2
kg3
Guru
kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: nook, etc
PM to ATDrake
kg3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-12-2012, 06:32 PM   #3
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
Both codes sent on to kg3, using my auxiliary Baenebooks account which I'll one day turn over to someone as a gift. Copies in my inbox in case some spamtrap eats them. I'm going to go cram now.
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 06:37 PM   #4
kg3
Guru
kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Redeemed and holding the next 2 codes for these, please PM me.

Thanks ATDrake!
Old 12-12-2012, 07:12 PM   #5
Howlingwolf
Groupie
Howlingwolf has never been to obedience school.Howlingwolf has never been to obedience school.Howlingwolf has never been to obedience school.Howlingwolf has never been to obedience school.Howlingwolf has never been to obedience school.Howlingwolf has never been to obedience school.Howlingwolf has never been to obedience school.Howlingwolf has never been to obedience school.Howlingwolf has never been to obedience school.Howlingwolf has never been to obedience school.Howlingwolf has never been to obedience school.

Device: Kobo Touch
PM sent to kg3.

Thanks ATDrake.
Howlingwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-12-2012, 07:20 PM   #6
Ginwen
Addict
Ginwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ginwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ginwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ginwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ginwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ginwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ginwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ginwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ginwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ginwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ginwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch/IPad
PM (about to be) sent to HowlingWolf
Ginwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 07:32 PM   #7
kg3
Guru

-Next 2 codes PM'd to Howling Wolf.
Old 12-12-2012, 07:42 PM   #8
JeffZ
Zealot
JeffZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeffZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeffZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeffZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeffZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeffZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeffZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeffZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeffZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeffZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeffZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kindle Fire
PM to Ginwen
JeffZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 07:52 PM   #9
colleenFL
Groupie
colleenFL has never been to obedience school.colleenFL has never been to obedience school.colleenFL has never been to obedience school.colleenFL has never been to obedience school.colleenFL has never been to obedience school.colleenFL has never been to obedience school.colleenFL has never been to obedience school.colleenFL has never been to obedience school.colleenFL has never been to obedience school.colleenFL has never been to obedience school.colleenFL has never been to obedience school.

Device: PW3, PW1, Kobo N647, Sony PRS-600, Sony PRS-300, various tablets
PM to JeffZ
colleenFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 07:53 PM   #10
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
pm to colleenFL
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 09:18 PM   #11
camiller
Addict
camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Wireless
pm to koland
camiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 09:30 PM   #12
gbm
Wizard
gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD,Hisence Sero 7 Pro RIP, Nook STR, jetbook lite
pm to camiller

bernie
gbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 10:19 PM   #13
Papi47
Zealot
Papi47 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Papi47 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Papi47 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Papi47 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Papi47 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Papi47 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Papi47 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Papi47 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Papi47 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Papi47 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Papi47 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'

Device: Kindle3, iPad
pm to gbm
Papi47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 11:48 PM   #14
piperclassique
A garbling groftpot
piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis, Voyage, Kobo mini, Samsung tablet, phones, whatever.
Pm to Papi47
piperclassique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 11:49 PM   #15
gweeks
Fanatic
gweeks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gweeks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gweeks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gweeks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gweeks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gweeks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gweeks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gweeks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gweeks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gweeks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gweeks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Rocket, Nook ST, Kobo WiFi, Kindle PW
pm to piperclassique
gweeks is offline   Reply With Quote