Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 03-05-2013, 09:10 AM   #46
elemenoP
Wizard
elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Sony 650
Quote:
Originally Posted by jj2me View Post
How about a bluetooth headset in the shape of a bar phone (didn't find a flip), paired with a large phone like a Note 2 or LG Intuition?

And here is where you can buy it.
For comfort when talking on the phone, and nothing in your ears, I'd rather have this:

http://www.amazon.com/Native-Union-A...+phone+headset

I have thought about getting one. I wonder if they make one with bluetooth! That would be cool!

eP
elemenoP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 09:40 AM   #47
mbovenka
Wizard
mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by elemenoP View Post
I have thought about getting one. I wonder if they make one with bluetooth! That would be cool!

eP
Something like this?
mbovenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-05-2013, 10:37 AM   #48
elemenoP
Wizard
elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Sony 650
exactly, thanks!!

eP
elemenoP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 09:06 PM   #49
Xanthe
Plan B Is Now In Force
Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aluratek,Sony 350/T1,Pandigital,eBM 911,Nook HD/HD+,Fire HDX 7/8.9,PW2
I've found that the more your eyes age, the larger the smartphone you need.

There's a lot of older eyes out there now in the potential marketplace.

And the more your eyes age, the more you start to use the smartphone as a phone.
Xanthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 02:32 AM   #50
SeaKing
Frequent Flier
SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KB kindle aboard, Galx Tab 7.0 Plus, trying out Droid 1 as mini-tab
I don't use Bluetooth.
One reason is that if working I usually have a headset on with at least 1 earpiece. The Bluetooth if it can be worn may confuse things.

Anyway, I use a speaker phone so it doesn't have to be held up to my ear and also because it is louder if I am in high ambient noise situations.

Something one of my sons taught me for I hadn't thought about it because I usually pause when having a conversation, is that you need full duplex with the speaker phones or parts of a conversation may be cut off at one end or the other.

(Of course you might not have a ADHD child that will talk at the same time you are talking, and not have to worry about that.)
SeaKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-07-2013, 10:43 AM   #51
faithbw
Guru
faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Mini 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanthe View Post
I've found that the more your eyes age, the larger the smartphone you need.

There's a lot of older eyes out there now in the potential marketplace.

And the more your eyes age, the more you start to use the smartphone as a phone.
So true. My mother just upgraded from a 2.3 inch Comet to the 4.5 inch LG Optimus L9. It's a lot easier for her to see the keypad on the bigger screen. Plus, my mother has very little interest in using her phone for the internet, e-mail, gps or all the other wonderful thing people can use them for. She barely likes using it for text messages.
faithbw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 05:56 PM   #52
ManosHandsOfFate
Addict
ManosHandsOfFate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManosHandsOfFate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManosHandsOfFate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManosHandsOfFate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManosHandsOfFate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManosHandsOfFate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManosHandsOfFate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManosHandsOfFate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManosHandsOfFate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManosHandsOfFate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManosHandsOfFate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, K3, Fire, Nexus 7
Assuming it fits into your pockets and otherwise fulfills your needs (battery life, OS, apps, connectivity, etc) I don't know why you wouldn't want a bigger screen. I suppose if you do a lot of talking on the phone and have small hands it could be annoying to hold a really large phone for a long time.

I recently bought the Nexus 4. I have a pair of jeans in which I cannot comfortably sit down when the N4 is in my front pocket. I just wear my other jeans.
ManosHandsOfFate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 12:31 AM   #53
frahse
occasional author
frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Wandering God's glorious hills, valleys and plains.
Device: A Franklin BI (before Internet) was the first. I still have it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManosHandsOfFate View Post
Assuming it fits into your pockets and otherwise fulfills your needs (battery life, OS, apps, connectivity, etc) I don't know why you wouldn't want a bigger screen. I suppose if you do a lot of talking on the phone and have small hands it could be annoying to hold a really large phone for a long time.

I recently bought the Nexus 4. I have a pair of jeans in which I cannot comfortably sit down when the N4 is in my front pocket. I just wear my other jeans.
I started to just say "Right on!" but then a question came to mind. Several really.
1. Is the problem because it is in the rear pocket, or are you talking about the side pocket?
2. Are the jeans tight or just cut and shaped too form fitting?
3. Have you changed the kind of pants/jeans you buy for phone fitting reasons?

I mentioned that females will carry their phones in their rear pockets where they fit very tightly and then they have to remove them and hold them in their hand or put them on a table when they sit. This is pretty common. Of course they also want the phones in their hands for use or on the table where they can see the display anyway, so it is a combination of many factors.
frahse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 06:55 AM   #54
finneyme
finneyme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.finneyme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.finneyme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.finneyme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.finneyme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.finneyme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.finneyme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.finneyme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.finneyme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.finneyme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.finneyme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: nook hd+
Just recently my dad pulled his phone out of his pocket and I cracked up, thinking this exact thing. His phone was an older flip phone about the size of a Postit. I don't know how he can read it. Of course he doesn't text.
finneyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 08:45 AM   #55
mobilelover
Enthusiast
mobilelover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobilelover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobilelover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobilelover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobilelover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobilelover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobilelover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobilelover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobilelover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobilelover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobilelover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ipad
i prefer using my old motorola phone with a small screen of about 3 inches hehe
mobilelover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 02:40 PM   #56
ManosHandsOfFate
Addict
ManosHandsOfFate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManosHandsOfFate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManosHandsOfFate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManosHandsOfFate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManosHandsOfFate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManosHandsOfFate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManosHandsOfFate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManosHandsOfFate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManosHandsOfFate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManosHandsOfFate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManosHandsOfFate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frahse View Post
I started to just say "Right on!" but then a question came to mind. Several really.
1. Is the problem because it is in the rear pocket, or are you talking about the side pocket?
2. Are the jeans tight or just cut and shaped too form fitting?
3. Have you changed the kind of pants/jeans you buy for phone fitting reasons?

I mentioned that females will carry their phones in their rear pockets where they fit very tightly and then they have to remove them and hold them in their hand or put them on a table when they sit. This is pretty common. Of course they also want the phones in their hands for use or on the table where they can see the display anyway, so it is a combination of many factors.
I only have one pair of these are "regular" fit Levi's jeans (can't remember the number). The jeans otherwise fit fine and are comfortable, but the front pockets are noticeably more shallow than my "loose" fit jeans (569s). The small size of the pocket forces the phone to the front of my pants where it's least comfortable. I'd much rather have the phone off to the side a bit.

I haven't bought any new pants because of this issue, but I would definitely take it into consideration when I do buy them in the future.

It's not a problem for my business casual and dress pants which tend to have larger pockets.
Old 03-08-2013, 03:04 PM   #57
holymadness
Guru
holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by frahse View Post
We call them women, not females. They aren't specimens in a zoo exhibit, just so you know.

The rest is, of course, false.
holymadness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 03:15 PM   #58
ManosHandsOfFate
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by holymadness View Post
We call them women, not females. They aren't specimens in a zoo exhibit, just so you know.

The rest is, of course, false.
You're walking on dangerous ground using the word "women", it's "wopeople".
Old 03-08-2013, 03:18 PM   #59
BeccaPrice
Wizard
BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350, K3-3G, K4SO, KPW
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManosHandsOfFate View Post
You're walking on dangerous ground using the word "women", it's "wopeople".
I hope that's a joke.
BeccaPrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 06:30 PM   #60
Anabran
GUNDAM PILOT
Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire
I make about one call per month( retired early) and I have never sent text from a phone in my life.
I have no use for a "smart phone"
so I use one of the very basic & FREE Assurance wireless phones from the government.

But I love reading novels and Comic books so my Kindle Fire is now my mobile computing device
( supplanting My aging Macbook which is now My "home computer")

Cheers
Anabran is offline   Reply With Quote