Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 06-17-2015, 07:46 PM   #1
Marcy
Guru
Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2
Author Recommendation Website

I used to use an author recommendation website that I'm pretty sure I read about here on mobileread. My computer died and I lost all my old links, so I was hoping someone would know what I'm talking about.

You type in the name of an author you like and the site splashes other author names that write similar books across the screen. Authors that are closest to your chosen author appear closest to the middle of the screen and in larger type. Authors that write books not quite as similar are closer to the edge of the screen and in smaller type.

I've tried searching the forums and the google to no avail. I've tried other book recommendation sites, but nothing has come as close to this site for excellent recommendations.
Marcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 08:02 PM   #2
mgbino
Groupie
mgbino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgbino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgbino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgbino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgbino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgbino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgbino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgbino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgbino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgbino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgbino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcy View Post
I used to use an author recommendation website that I'm pretty sure I read about here on mobileread. My computer died and I lost all my old links, so I was hoping someone would know what I'm talking about.

You type in the name of an author you like and the site splashes other author names that write similar books across the screen. Authors that are closest to your chosen author appear closest to the middle of the screen and in larger type. Authors that write books not quite as similar are closer to the edge of the screen and in smaller type.

I've tried searching the forums and the google to no avail. I've tried other book recommendation sites, but nothing has come as close to this site for excellent recommendations.
http://www.literature-map.com/
mgbino is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-17-2015, 10:03 PM   #3
Marcy
Guru
Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thank you!
Old 06-18-2015, 01:10 AM   #4
Marcy
Guru

It turns out the google didn't fail me. I found that site but the author I was interested in wasn't listed there. I had never had a failure before so just assumed I had the wrong site! I should have tried another author first.