Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-21-2010, 07:46 AM   #1
mets
mets began at the beginning.

Device: sony-505
Epub Image Problem

I ran an epub I purchased through Calibre to change the cover. When I viewed it in calibre's viewer all the images showed. When I viewed the book in Adobe Digital Editions and Sony Reader Library only a blank page showed where the image should be.

Any idea what the problem might be?
mets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 07:56 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by mets View Post
I ran an epub I purchased through Calibre to change the cover. When I viewed it in calibre's viewer all the images showed. When I viewed the book in Adobe Digital Editions and Sony Reader Library only a blank page showed where the image should be.

Any idea what the problem might be?
No idea, what does it look like on your reader?

Every image is blank? Do other epubs with images convert fine for you?
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-21-2010, 08:57 AM   #3
mets

further on the issue

yes others converted correctly.

On ade I expanded the View to show two pages and the images were there with a very large blank space before and after the image. Closing ADE down to one page only the blank space shows.
Old 09-21-2010, 10:59 AM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by mets View Post
yes others converted correctly.

On ade I expanded the View to show two pages and the images were there with a very large blank space before and after the image. Closing ADE down to one page only the blank space shows.
The image may be to large to fit on the same page. (I have not tried Scaling images in the css to know if that works in ADE)

The margin-top and or padding may be too big, forcing it onto another page.
The preceding text may have a magin-bottom or padding that uses too much space.

(In these instances, I would love to have Calibre viewer and Sigil have an option to behave like a "Paged" (opposed to scrolled) device of a set pixel aspect.)
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 11:02 AM   #5
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Is it a large image, i.e. bigger than your reader can display (590x775 for a Sony-505, I think)?

If so, do you have your calibre Output Profile correctly set to be SonyReader? (Preferences - Conversion - Common Options - Page Setup - Output Profile). This option makes sure that large images are scaled to a suitable size for your reader during conversion.

It's possible the "large blank space before and after the image" is actually an all-white part of the image itself.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-21-2010, 01:26 PM   #6
mets

azardi

I opened the epub in azardi, selected edit and repackaged. Now the epub shows correctly in adobe and sony.

It would seem that there is something in the epub that calibre does not handle correctly.