Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 07-02-2010, 07:37 PM   #1
Vintage Season
Pulps and dime novels...
Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura/Kobo Aura One LE/iPad Air
Any way to apply calibre's "Series" (and number) meta-info from within Sigil...?

Valloric, my apologies if I've just missed it, but is there any way to apply calibre's "Series" (and series number) meta-info from within Sigil? Applying the tags after the fact from within calibre appears to only create a database entry, rather than embedding the info within the file.

My preference is to generate *.epub files that will sort and organize properly, regardless of which database (calibre, iTunes, etcetera) receives them. I've already found a quick way to prep files for iTunes, but no automated solution to prepping files for calibre yet.

Thank you!

- M.
Vintage Season is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 07:56 PM   #2
Valloric
Created Sigil, FlightCrew
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
The series metadata is proprietary to Calibre. It is not specified by the epub standard. As such, it's not possible to add it within Sigil, and probably never will be.

But AFAIK the IDPF is working on adding "official" series metadata into the next iteration of the epub standard, which I think is a few/several months away.
Valloric is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-02-2010, 11:35 PM   #3
Vintage Season
Pulps and dime novels...
Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura/Kobo Aura One LE/iPad Air
No problem. Turned out it was fairly simple to extract content.opf, add a few lines (as below), and update the archive via zip.
Code:
        <meta name="calibre:series" content="Series"/>
        <meta name="calibre:series_index" content="#"/>
        <meta name="cover" content="cover.jpg"/>
        <meta name="Sigil version" content="0.2.3"/>
Adding the same meta tags through Sigil would save a step, but even doing it this way, the *.epub still validates... so why should I complain?

- M.
Vintage Season is offline   Reply With Quote