Notices

Old 11-24-2011, 07:14 PM   #1
georgepds
georgepds began at the beginning.

Device: kindle fire
cant read .mobi on kindle fire

Hi
I'm having trouble reading and ecalibre created mobi on my kindle fire

I used ecalibre to create a xxxx.mobi file ( economist and nyt technology section) on my PC.

I transferred the files to the kindle (emailed it to myself, downloaded it in kindle, and then moved the downloaded file -AndroXplorer-to both the books and the documents folder)

Does not matter what folder I put it it, it does not show up in books of \r documents (it's there when I look in AndroXplorer, it just doe not show in the taskbar Books or Docs)

I also tried to press <open> in the email file.. but it could not recognize a xxx.mobi

Any clue???

TIA

--G
georgepds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 07:28 PM   #2
Shack70
Guru
Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 10", Honor 8 Android Phone
Restart the Kindle Fire and they should show up
Shack70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-24-2011, 08:20 PM   #3
georgepds
georgepds began at the beginning.

Device: kindle fire
thanks... worked like a charm

--G
georgepds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 04:00 PM   #4
sallyawolf
sallyawolf began at the beginning.

Device: kindle fire hd 6
Easy way to read .mobi files on kindle

Found a way to read .mobile files without changing file name. Just get the drop box app on your kindle. Use the webbased or computer app to add your .mobile files to your personal drop box account. Then go back to the kindle click on the file in drop box and it will open in the included drop box doc reader. It has great features like txt to speech, txt color changer for dark reading, percentage read, and book mark. Also works with .pdf .doc .odt file types you can also create edit and save word docs which can be easily shared. Works great for reading groups because they can share one file across many devices. Check it out www.dropbox.com

Last edited by sallyawolf; 01-23-2015 at 04:09 PM. Reason: more info added after fact check
sallyawolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2015, 06:34 PM   #5
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
You must have a very old Kindle Fire. All the new ones immediately recognize any new books.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-26-2015, 04:47 AM   #6
sallyawolf
sallyawolf began at the beginning.

Device: kindle fire hd 6
I have a fire hd6
sallyawolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 01:51 AM   #7
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
You must have a very old Kindle Fire. All the new ones immediately recognize any new books.
OPost is a 2011 So yep older Fire LOL
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote