Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > Other Books

Notices

Old 10-03-2007, 03:26 PM   #1
andym
Groupie
andym has learned how to read e-booksandym has learned how to read e-booksandym has learned how to read e-booksandym has learned how to read e-booksandym has learned how to read e-booksandym has learned how to read e-booksandym has learned how to read e-books

Conrad, Joseph: Nostromo. 2 October 2007. HTML

Nostromo: A Tale of the Seaboard an epic story set in the fictional Central American republic of Costaguana. A gripping political and psychological story whose themes are still very relevant today. A portrait of man’s vulnerability to greed and corruption, an account of human frailty with an ironic twist; it is a story without heroes. Possibly Conrad's greatest work.

(For those who care about these things) I have restored the Spanish accents and italics (using the Penguin Classics 1960 edition as a reference) as well as putting in curly quotes and em dashes and correcting typos.

I'd love to acknowledge the source but their licence forbids it.

There are two versions: the 'plain vanilla html' version is valid xhtml. The xhtml file has a fairly minimal set of styles built in to do things like indent the first line of each paragraph. the styles can of course be amended, if for example you want justified text.

The 'mobifriendly' version is designed to look good in Mobipocket (eg it uses the mobi 'pagebreak' tag so chapters start on a new page).

I have checked and rechecked this, but if you find any mistakes please let me know.

Of course please feel free to convert to proprietary formats.

[Edit: having a problem with the upload facility - I'll keep trying]

Last edited by andym; 10-03-2007 at 04:09 PM.
andym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 04:08 PM   #2
andym
Groupie
andym has learned how to read e-booksandym has learned how to read e-booksandym has learned how to read e-booksandym has learned how to read e-booksandym has learned how to read e-booksandym has learned how to read e-booksandym has learned how to read e-books

OK - here they are (I hope).
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Conrad_Joseph_Nostromo(plain_vanilla_html).htm.zip (370.0 KB, 1005 views)
File Type: zip Conrad_Joseph_Nostromo_(mobifriendly).htm.zip (370.1 KB, 1007 views)
andym is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert