Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 11-03-2010, 09:06 PM   #1
dsenior
dsenior began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 505 and Sony T1
Unhappy Syncing

I receive the following error message why I try to synce using the desktop application.

"We are unable to update your device's database. Syncing cannot be completed".

I have reset my lobo to its factory defaults and reinstalled the desktop application with no sucess. Any ideas? Could it be my internet security software?

Last edited by dsenior; 11-03-2010 at 09:10 PM.
dsenior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 09:38 PM   #2
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
Did you guys in NZ get an update to the desktop software today, as we did in Canada (and I think the US)? Is your Kobo (not the desktop, the reader) running 1.4 of the firmware?
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-05-2010, 09:26 AM   #3
missy
missy began at the beginning.

Device: kobo
I had the same issue and Kobo sent me a link to a file that would replace the sqlite and images files. Unfortunately it worked for two seconds and then brought up other issues. Don't have error message anymore but my books won't go across to my kobo.
missy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 03:25 AM   #4
talios
talios began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo ereader
Quote:
Originally Posted by taming View Post
Did you guys in NZ get an update to the desktop software today, as we did in Canada (and I think the US)? Is your Kobo (not the desktop, the reader) running 1.4 of the firmware?
Just found myself hit with this. And yes - we in NZ just got the desktop update to 1.7.5 but no firmware update ( 1.4 still ).

Do I need to do the evil database reset and resync all my books trick again ( thankfully they're all in Calibre this time! ).

Mark
talios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 09:37 AM   #5
baronrus
Addict
baronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with others

Device: KO, KW, and KT
If you have calibre why do you use the kobo app at all to sync books? It seems to me that calibre is just much easier and more versatile?
baronrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-08-2010, 09:39 AM   #6
baronrus
Addict
baronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with others

Device: KO, KW, and KT
just read your other post about the fonts on the kobo (not epub) book so I guess I have my answer
baronrus is offline   Reply With Quote