Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 12-06-2011, 03:35 AM   #1
Speedy1976
Speedy1976 began at the beginning.

Device: TrekStore eBook Player 7
Calibre: Manage multiple ebook reader

How can I connect more ebook reader with Calibre?
I have three gates trek ebook Player 7 All my ebooks are in Calibre. When I installed Calibre and have connected the first player, he was recognized. So I can push my ebooks on the player and see what I'm already on it. Now I would like to trek the gates Player 7 ebook feed my father's close to him and what I see is nothing, not detected. Can not select a player what to load it. I install Calibre on another computer and close the gates trek ebook Player 7 there on (it was then connected to the installation but still no one else), he is recognized. Just as it is with the player to my mother. So only one player per Calibre is detected. That means, if it is detected only after the player was connected to the first installation. I agree with one another, none is displayed.
Sorry for my bad English, but I had to translate the text into English with Goggle.
Speedy1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 03:46 AM   #2
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Short summary, to complement the somewhat confusing Google translation: This thread is a follow-up to this one. Currently, there's not much info to go on, just that Calibre only seems to recognize the first device connected after a reinstall. All other devices don't get picked up by Calibre. There's no info (yet) on whether or not the non-recognized devices get picked up by the OS, which I've already asked about in the original thread. The devices in question are all Trekstor Ebookplayer 7.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 03:48 AM   #3
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
There is no limit to the number of different devices that can be used per calibre installation. The only restriction is that only one device can be connected at a time.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 03:51 AM   #4
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Another point to make is that the Reading List plugin works well if you have multiple devices (even of the same type) as it allows 'per device' lists to be maintained for sync purposes.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 03:53 AM   #5
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
There is no limit to the number of different devices that can be used per calibre installation.
Well, yeah. The point is that it doesn't work for the OP. Only the first device connected after reinstall is recognized. The other point is that we simply don't have enough info to diagnose this, as in 'Do the devices get picked up by the OS at all?'

Edit: Update in the original thread: The devices seem to be recognized by the OS (XP, Calibre 0.8.29). I've asked for the debug log of one of the devices not getting recognized.

Last edited by Manichean; 12-06-2011 at 04:03 AM.
Old 12-06-2011, 06:26 AM   #6
Manichean
Wizard

Device detection logs of the non-recognized devices are in this post.
Old 12-06-2011, 08:48 AM   #7
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
That devices USB ids will be added to the driver in the next release.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote