Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-15-2010, 12:11 AM   #1
J. Strnad
Guru
J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo, Kindle 3, Paperwhite
Broken Screen!

Tonight I started to read on my Kobo and apparently the screen is broken! A two-inch square in the bottom left is blank. Restarting and resetting didn't help.

I called Kobo and they're sending me a return package. Then they'll fix it, and they'll send it back. End result: If all goes well, I'll be without my Kobo for about a month.

I have to tell you, if Kindle 3s were shipping, I'd get one. Amazon's service with overnight delivery of replacement units (as reported here on MobileRead) is sooo much better than this!

BTW, I keep my Kobo in a case and didn't drop it or abuse it in any way. I can't imagine what happened to cause the screen to break.
J. Strnad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 12:18 AM   #2
SameerH
Product Manager
SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
There may have been some miscommunication, did they tell you they were going to repair the screen? I'd expect a straight exchange in this case.
SameerH is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-15-2010, 12:27 AM   #3
J. Strnad
Guru
J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

They said they were going to send me a package to return my Kobo. Then they would fix it and send it back.
Old 09-15-2010, 12:34 AM   #4
SameerH
Product Manager
SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Pretty sure that's going to be a straight exchange, the rep probably mis-spoke. Drop them an email to confirm.
Old 09-15-2010, 12:39 AM   #5
J. Strnad
Guru

Thanks very much for your communication, Sameer! But isn't the end result the same? I still have to wait for the return package, then send my broken unit back, then wait for a replacement, right?
Advert
Old 09-15-2010, 12:49 AM   #6
SameerH
Product Manager

That's the process yes, however a month is much much too long. The whole process shouldn't take more than two weeks. Please email me your ticket or CEL# (shasan at kobobooks dot com) I will clear it up.
Old 09-15-2010, 01:02 AM   #7
J. Strnad
Guru

Thank you...I'll email you!

Meanwhile, I'll attempt to attach a photo of the screen.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1000154.jpg
Views:	874
Size:	1.15 MB
ID:	58226  
Old 09-15-2010, 05:31 AM   #8
timlegge
Addict
timlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than mom

Device: Kobo, Kobo Wifi, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by SameerH View Post
That's the process yes, however a month is much much too long. The whole process shouldn't take more than two weeks. Please email me your ticket or CEL# (shasan at kobobooks dot com) I will clear it up.
I agree. My return box arrived in a day or so. I sent the kobo and received a replacement in less than a week.
timlegge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 10:25 AM   #9
J. Strnad
Guru

I hope it works out that way! Not only am I already jonesing for my Kobo, but I have a library book on it that I'll have to return soon!
Old 09-15-2010, 02:06 PM   #10
Xanthe
Plan B Is Now In Force
Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aluratek,Sony 350/T1,Pandigital,eBM 911,Nook HD/HD+,Fire HDX 7/8.9,PW2
Don't library books just expire?
Xanthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 09:41 PM   #11
J. Strnad
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanthe View Post
Don't library books just expire?
Yeah, that's the problem. I'd like to actually read it before it goes away!
Old 09-17-2010, 07:41 PM   #12
Xanthe
Plan B Is Now In Force
Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aluratek,Sony 350/T1,Pandigital,eBM 911,Nook HD/HD+,Fire HDX 7/8.9,PW2
Oh, okay. I thought that you meant that you wouldn't be credited with returning it, for some reason.
Xanthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 09:07 PM   #13
J. Strnad
Guru

Day Three came and went with no replacement Kobo or return package. Unfortunately now we've hit the weekend so it's bound to be closer to a week before anything arrives.

Luckily I'm working a twelve-hour day Saturday and I do have paper books to read.
Old 09-17-2010, 10:23 PM   #14
SameerH
Product Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by J. Strnad View Post
Day Three came and went with no replacement Kobo or return package. Unfortunately now we've hit the weekend so it's bound to be closer to a week before anything arrives.

Luckily I'm working a twelve-hour day Saturday and I do have paper books to read.
I'm looking into it... will let you know.
Old 09-18-2010, 10:41 PM   #15
J. Strnad
Guru

Thank you. I appreciate the effort!

Jan