Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-08-2016, 10:15 PM   #16
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Can a custom sleep case be made?

Also, where's the link?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 08:08 AM   #17
CatherineStewart
Mom, Wife, Reader!
CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Can a custom sleep case be made?

Also, where's the link?

https://www.etsy.com/shop/eKovers

You can ask about sleep covers. She may be able to do it
CatherineStewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-09-2016, 08:12 AM   #18
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatherineStewart View Post
https://www.etsy.com/shop/eKovers

I'll report back when I get an answer about getting a sleep cover made. Thanks.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 08:32 AM   #19
mbovenka
Wizard
mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage
Quote:
Well, there is little magic to a sleep cover, as such; it just needs a small magnet in the cover at the right spot. The tricky bit is, of course, to figure out where that spot is. And without a reader to test with, that might be an issue.

Perhaps simply putting one of those flat and almost paper-thin fridge magnets in would be enough to do the trick.
mbovenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 10:33 AM   #20
NightGoat
Connoisseur
NightGoat can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'NightGoat can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'NightGoat can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'NightGoat can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'NightGoat can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'NightGoat can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'NightGoat can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'NightGoat can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'NightGoat can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'NightGoat can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'NightGoat can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'

Device: Kindle Oasis, DXG, and Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbovenka View Post
Perhaps simply putting one of those flat and almost paper-thin fridge magnets in would be enough to do the trick.
Most home improvement stores sell rolls of magnetic tape.
The ones I have tried have weak magnetic properties and the sticky side isn't very strong. However, that may be an advantage if you want to experiment on a non-sleep cover. You could always use a strong glue on the strip of tape once you find the sweet spot.
NightGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-09-2016, 11:15 AM   #21
CatherineStewart
Mom, Wife, Reader!
CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightGoat View Post
Most home improvement stores sell rolls of magnetic tape.
The ones I have tried have weak magnetic properties and the sticky side isn't very strong. However, that may be an advantage if you want to experiment on a non-sleep cover. You could always use a strong glue on the strip of tape once you find the sweet spot.
Can the magnet directly touch the kobo or does it have to be covered under the case?
Old 09-09-2016, 11:38 AM   #22
frostschutz
Linux User
frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Can the magnet directly touch the kobo or does it have to be covered under the case?
It should be covered by something if you don't want it leaving scratches...
frostschutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 12:05 PM   #23
MGlitch
Wizard
MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kobo Sage, Kobo Libra 2
Simple solution then would be a low magnetic strip the height of the cover, placed on the underside of the flap which will rest on the top of the Kobo. Just sew it in. They make them thin enough that it shouldn't cause issues when closing the cover.
MGlitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 01:45 PM   #24
NightGoat
Connoisseur
NightGoat can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'NightGoat can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'NightGoat can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'NightGoat can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'NightGoat can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'NightGoat can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'NightGoat can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'NightGoat can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'NightGoat can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'NightGoat can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'NightGoat can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'

Quote:
Magnetic tape is made of a plastic like material, same material as refrigerator magnets. It's a little rigid and should still be covered with a soft material. Not too thick as the magnetic properties are pretty weak.
Old 09-09-2016, 01:46 PM   #25
NightGoat
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by frostschutz View Post
It should be covered by something if you don't want it leaving scratches...
Agreed.
Old 09-12-2016, 10:37 AM   #26
CatherineStewart
Mom, Wife, Reader!

Update also in original post...

I received the KA1 reader today and it fits in the case PERFECTLY!!!

The elastics do not cover the reading area nor does it cover the light sensor. The elastics are nice and firm holding it securely but flexible enough to easily slide my finger behind to reach the power button. I'm 100% thrilled with it. Now to order more styles so I can dress my kobo seasonally cause at this price (only $27 use) why not?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	662.2 KB
ID:	151591  
Old 09-12-2016, 10:42 AM   #27
frostschutz
Linux User
frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Looks great. Thanks for the update, and have fun reading
frostschutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 10:56 AM   #28
CatherineStewart
Mom, Wife, Reader!

Quote:
Originally Posted by frostschutz View Post
Looks great. Thanks for the update, and have fun reading
I will! Once it charges *tic toc tic toc* and when I get my work done. I doubt I'll be very productive today but I need to pay for this thing now! LOL
Old 09-13-2016, 12:49 AM   #29
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
Catherine, the photos of your cover are lovely! I couldn't help myself. Even though I bought the official Aura One cover, I also bought one of these because I figured I could use it with other devices of similar size. Thank you for the recommendation!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Outside.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	738.7 KB
ID:	151596   Click image for larger version

Name:	Inside.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	435.8 KB
ID:	151597  
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 07:17 AM   #30
CatherineStewart
Mom, Wife, Reader!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookworm_Girl View Post
Catherine, the photos of your cover are lovely! I couldn't help myself. Even though I bought the official Aura One cover, I also bought one of these because I figured I could use it with other devices of similar size. Thank you for the recommendation!
It's a great fit isn't it? And a great price. Love the color combo you chose. It's so pretty