Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 01-01-2012, 07:28 PM   #61
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Memory leak

I do frequent in "process saves" or full reloads (file open: save or discard)
Every save cause a big jump in memory use, the it falls back, But not to where it was before the save.
XP SP3
Old 01-02-2012, 05:23 AM   #62
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by user_none View Post
Included dictionaries are not installed to the user's home directory but instead put in the install directory just like translations. You can still add your own dictionaries in your home directory.

The dictionary issue with accents and fancy quotes has been fixed. This includes the NL language issue where correctly spelled words were being marked as incorrect.
Great! If I put a dictionary in the install directory, will it be recognized or must it be in the home directory?

The only issue I know have left are the regular crashes while performing a S&R.
Advert
Old 01-02-2012, 07:19 AM   #63
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxaris View Post
Great! If I put a dictionary in the install directory, will it be recognized or must it be in the home directory?
You can put them in the install directory but I cannot guarantee it will survive an update.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxaris View Post
The only issue I know have left are the regular crashes while performing a S&R.
Are you using 0.4.903? The only S&R crash that was reported was in 0.4.902 and fixed for 0.4.903. What are the steps to recreate the crash?
Old 01-02-2012, 10:33 AM   #64
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Are you using 0.4.903? The only S&R crash that was reported was in 0.4.902 and fixed for 0.4.903. What are the steps to recreate the crash?
I have had 903 Regex S&R all HTML crashes (in Linux).
Not identified the trigger steps. Vaguely remember it was something to do with a find-next near the EOB (end of book )
Old 01-02-2012, 11:55 AM   #65
Jabby
Jr. - Junior Member
Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Archos, Asus, HP, Lenovo, Nexus and Samsung tablets in 7,8 and 10"
Mouse text selection problems

Running Windows 7 x64

I'm having problems with selecting text with my mouse (click and drag). I will position the mouse, click an drag (left to right) - the text will start to highlight but then stop although the mouse continues. I will release the mouse button,expecting it to leave the text highlighted but instead, the highlighted text will be deleted. This happened 6 times in a one hour session.

Regards - John
Advert
Old 01-02-2012, 12:50 PM   #66
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabby View Post
Running Windows 7 x64

I'm having problems with selecting text with my mouse (click and drag). I will position the mouse, click an drag (left to right) - the text will start to highlight but then stop although the mouse continues. I will release the mouse button,expecting it to leave the text highlighted but instead, the highlighted text will be deleted. This happened 6 times in a one hour session.

Regards - John
Was this in BV or CV?

I frequently have problems setting Headers, Splitting Sections.
Switching to CV, I see my text (fragment) inside a larger Span block.

Sigil will not split a block. (And I suspect, not some selections will not bridge a partial block)
It would be neat if BV could have a 'show hidden' where a boundary dot/marker would show. Something like Word or NP++ does
Old 01-02-2012, 01:02 PM   #67
user_none
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
I have had 903 Regex S&R all HTML crashes (in Linux).
Not identified the trigger steps. Vaguely remember it was something to do with a find-next near the EOB (end of book )
Fixed.
Old 01-02-2012, 01:12 PM   #68
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
Fixed.
Wow!
I wonder what you could do if I had provided a decent list of 'Steps'
Old 01-02-2012, 01:45 PM   #69
user_none

Quote:
Wow!
I wonder what you could do if I had provided a decent list of 'Steps'
Well, I would have had it fixed sooner... I mean I did have to figure out how to cause it and that took me a few seconds...
Old 01-02-2012, 06:23 PM   #70
Jabby
Jr. - Junior Member
Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Archos, Asus, HP, Lenovo, Nexus and Samsung tablets in 7,8 and 10"
Quote:
Was this in BV or CV?

I frequently have problems setting Headers, Splitting Sections.
Switching to CV, I see my text (fragment) inside a larger Span block.

Sigil will not split a block. (And I suspect, not some selections will not bridge a partial block)
It would be neat if BV could have a 'show hidden' where a boundary dot/marker would show. Something like Word or NP++ does
In CV only. I don't use BV very much so I haven't seen it there and I have never seen it using V3.4.

Regards - John
Old 01-03-2012, 12:13 AM   #71
ElMiko
Addict
ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.

Device: Kindle
This is probably a really silly question, but how does one toggle "Minimal Matching" in the new S/R dialogue?
Old 01-03-2012, 02:23 AM   #72
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Yes, I am using 903. The crashes are frequent and were all related to RegEx and all HTML, but I haven't really put any attention to the details. My bad... It could be that it is fixed now by the fix you made. I will try again tonight to see if I can find a pattern. One thing is that it only happens when I do a replace all.
Old 01-03-2012, 08:36 AM   #73
Ahmad Samir
Zealot
Ahmad Samir , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ahmad Samir , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ahmad Samir , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ahmad Samir , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ahmad Samir , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ahmad Samir , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ahmad Samir , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ahmad Samir , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ahmad Samir , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ahmad Samir , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ahmad Samir , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElMiko View Post
This is probably a really silly question, but how does one toggle "Minimal Matching" in the new S/R dialogue?
In PCRE (the current regexp search engine), minimal matching is called non-greedy matching: http://docstore.mik.ua/orelly/perl/cookbook/ch06_16.htm
Old 01-03-2012, 11:19 AM   #74
ElMiko
Addict
ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahmad Samir View Post
In PCRE (the current regexp search engine), minimal matching is called non-greedy matching: http://docstore.mik.ua/orelly/perl/cookbook/ch06_16.htm
Okay... I still don't know how one toggles "Minimal"/"Non-greedy" matching in the new S/R dialogue.
Old 01-03-2012, 11:37 AM   #75
Ahmad Samir
Zealot
Ahmad Samir , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ahmad Samir , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ahmad Samir , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ahmad Samir , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ahmad Samir , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ahmad Samir , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ahmad Samir , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ahmad Samir , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ahmad Samir , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ahmad Samir , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ahmad Samir , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElMiko View Post
Okay... I still don't know how one toggles "Minimal"/"Non-greedy" matching in the new S/R dialogue.
By modifying the regex string itself:
Greedy / non-minimal matching:
Code:
.+
non-Greedy / minimal matching:
Code:
.+?
i.e. you add a ? after a quantifier e.g. + or *.
Closed Thread