Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 04-05-2010, 12:04 PM   #1
Falbe Publishing
Gadget Slave
Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS505SC
Can ibookstore be viewed without ipad?

Hi,

I'm reduced to asking for the kindness of strangers. I am a novelist and my novels have been probably distributed to the iBookstore for iPad through Smashwords. However, since I don't have an iPad, I cannot figure any way to actually view the iBookstore and confirm the presence of my novels.

So, is there a way to browse the iBookstore on the internet without an iPad? I understand that only an iPad can download the ibooks, but can any internet user actually look at the ibook selection?

I'm trying to see if the four novels of The Rys Chronicles fantasy series by Tracy Falbe are listed. The first one Union of Renegades should be free. I want to confirm their presence so I can mention on my blog and do a news release.

Thanks in advance to anyone who responds.

Tracy
Falbe Publishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 12:16 PM   #2
tlrowley
Quilt Geek
tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Kindle
]The books are there - i'm working on a screenshot.

I don't know how to search the store without an iPad.

Tracey
(one of us spells their name wrong)

ETA - here they are, and there is a free one.

Last edited by tlrowley; 04-05-2010 at 12:26 PM.
tlrowley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-05-2010, 01:46 PM   #3
Falbe Publishing
Gadget Slave
Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS505SC
Tlrowley, Thank you so much for looking this up. I spent Saturday fiddling around with iTunes, but could figure out how to see ibooks either. I guess it is just totally exclusive to ipad, at least for now.
Falbe Publishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 01:56 PM   #4
Elfwreck
Grand Sorcerer
Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3 (Past: Kobo Mini, PEZ, PRS-505, Clié)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falbe Publishing View Post
I guess it is just totally exclusive to ipad, at least for now.
Oh, *that* will work well as a sales point.

"We have ebooks! Lots of ebooks at great prices! We have restructured the entire digital publishing industry to bring you these great ebooks at great prices! for And if you want to know what they are and how much they cost, buy our $500 device to see the catalog!"
Elfwreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 01:59 PM   #5
foghat
Evangelist
foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3
^ well, since currently you can only read them on the ipad, it sort of makes sense.

I can just imagine what would have happened if Apple let you buy right through itunes. No doubt many would have expected they could read them within itunes or on the iphone - buying a book and not being able to read it would have been a nice shock to them.

I guess they could have made them view only - I suspect, for the most part, probably still would have just added to the confusion
foghat is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-05-2010, 02:04 PM   #6
Elfwreck
Grand Sorcerer
Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3 (Past: Kobo Mini, PEZ, PRS-505, Clié)
Quote:
Originally Posted by foghat View Post
I guess they could have made them view only - I suspect, for the most part, probably still would have just added to the confusion
Sony's store is visible online, despite formerly being LRX only, readable on Windows computers with Sony's special software & Sony's ebook readers. You can't buy from the store through a web browser, but you can see what's available & compare it to other stores.

Having the store visible works to advertise the device.
Elfwreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 02:08 PM   #7
foghat
Evangelist
foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3
^ Ya, I don't know. If I had to guess, I would suspect that someday you will be able to view via itunes.
foghat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 12:50 AM   #8
mjh23
mjh23 began at the beginning.

Device: none
I too, as an independent publisher, Minstrel's Alley, have added two of our new releases to the iBookstore. As I do not yet have my iPad, I cannot tell if the books have actually been released on the iPad. The books are "The Guys Who Spied for China" and "Beautiful Bad Girl". Can anyone who has an iPad help and let me know if the books are yet live on the site. Many, many thanks.
MJ
mjh23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 02:25 AM   #9
Daddy Warpig
Enthusiast
Daddy Warpig began at the beginning.

Device: iPad & iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjh23 View Post
The books are "The Guys Who Spied for China" and "Beautiful Bad Girl".
Both by Gordon Basichis? Both there.

[No fancy screenshot, but only because I'm a bad person. Not a beautiful bad person, just a bad person. ]
Daddy Warpig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 02:54 AM   #10
mjh23
mjh23 began at the beginning.

Thanks

Thanks, Daddy Warpig. Very nice of you to help.
mj
mjh23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 04:41 PM   #11
Manlin
Manlin began at the beginning.

Hello there, I got the same problem. I published my ebook at smashwords.com and wonder if it already appears in the iBookstore. Could somebody who owns an iPad please be so kind and check for me if "Alkaline Recipes" by Mel Teske appears in the store?
Thanks a lot!
Manlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 04:50 PM   #12
tlrowley
Quilt Geek
tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

It's there

Old 09-05-2010, 05:46 PM   #13
Oldpilot
Groupie
Oldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with others

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falbe Publishing View Post
I'm reduced to asking for the kindness of strangers. I am a novelist and my novels have been probably distributed to the iBookstore for iPad through Smashwords. However, since I don't have an iPad, I cannot figure any way to actually view the iBookstore and confirm the presence of my novels.
Apologies if this has already been answered, but the quick & dirty way to see if a given book is for sale on the iBookstore is to use this url:

http://itunes.apple.com/us/book/isbn

replace the 1s with your 13-digit isbn.

I believe you can also replace us with uk, fr, whatever.
Oldpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 04:46 AM   #14
Manlin
Manlin began at the beginning.

@tlrowley: thanks so much for the screenshot!

@oldpilot: the url link is really working!

Thanks to both of you for your fast reply. Your were a really big help!
Manlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 02:46 PM   #15
tlrowley
Quilt Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldpilot View Post
Apologies if this has already been answered, but the quick & dirty way to see if a given book is for sale on the iBookstore is to use this url:

http://itunes.apple.com/us/book/isbn

replace the 1s with your 13-digit isbn.

I believe you can also replace us with uk, fr, whatever.

Oldpilot - are you trying to put me out of a job? Does your way have pretty screenshots?

Tags
fantasy, ibookstore, ipad