Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-02-2012, 02:36 AM   #1
ilana.heller
ilana.heller began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
How to convert Mobi file to RTL - Hebrew

Hello,

I have kindle 3 - i want to read Hebrew books - i got to the point that i have Hebrew fonts - but its left to right - i prefer not to use PDF files.

So how can i convert a MOBI file to be right-to-left?

Thanks in advance for your help,
Ilana
ilana.heller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 03:04 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
You can't; the Mobi file format doesn't support RTL text. The newer KF8 format does, but the K3 can't read KF8 files.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-02-2012, 04:39 AM   #3
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilana.heller View Post
So how can i convert a MOBI file to be right-to-left?
As HarryT already pointed out, you cannot read RTL mobis on a K3.

However, you can jailbreak your Kindle and read Hebrew epubs with either FBKindle or Duokan Light (not Duokan 2012).
For more information see the Arabic support in Duokan/Duokan Lite? thread
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 04:49 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Might be easier simply to upgrade to a newer Kindle, especially with new models probably being announced later this week.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote