Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 03-06-2012, 09:21 AM   #16
tuxor
Addict
tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!

Device: Onyx Boox M92, Icarus Illumina E653
How about a sticky about PDFs that don't work? At the moment I don't have a special one in mind, but I can imagine there will be more in the future...
tuxor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 04:59 PM   #17
zuflacht
zuflacht began at the beginning.

Device: onyx boox m92
Well, after all it seems that these additional images (smaller resolution and with the interpolate flag set to true) weren't at fault: I found a way to delete them all through preflight fixups, but the resulting file still couldn't be read by the M92.

I further discovered that this file displays fine if you choose a zoom level of 100% or 125% (quite small, covering less than half the screen), but as soon as it is 150% or more (or fit screen), the page is white ...

Still not sure what exactly the issue is, as soon as I have time, I will try and fiddle with the OCR and other parts of the file layout. It seems related to how the file is rendered at different zoom levels, but it would be nice to know if the m92 or the file is to blame ...
zuflacht is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-07-2012, 06:13 PM   #18
zuflacht
zuflacht began at the beginning.

Device: onyx boox m92
After some more tests, it seems likely that the m92's pdf reader has a problem with transparency in this pdf (this seems the way scanned image and ocr are integrated in this case) - is anyone able to confirm this?
zuflacht is offline   Reply With Quote