Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 04-13-2011, 05:16 AM   #1
Jason_54
Jan from Holland
Jason_54 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Req: copy button Author_sort to Author

There are buttons to copy title to title sort, Author to author_sort and to change title and author. Is it possible to ad a button for copying Author_sort to Author (on the left for instance)?
Moderator Notice
Moved from Recipe forum.

Last edited by Starson17; 04-13-2011 at 10:07 AM.
Jason_54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 10:09 AM   #2
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason_54 View Post
There are buttons to copy title to title sort, Author to author_sort and to change title and author. Is it possible to ad a button for copying Author_sort to Author (on the left for instance)?
You can do this with the Search and Replace feature. If you want to request this as an enhancement, go here.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-15-2011, 01:58 PM   #3
Jason_54
Jan from Holland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starson17 View Post
You can do this with the Search and Replace feature. If you want to request this as an enhancement, go here.
I would like this as an enhancement, but I can't login at the page you redirect me to? It doesn't seem a bug to me by the way.
This is the section for requests I read above ...
Old 04-15-2011, 02:13 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
I would like this as an enhancement, but I can't login at the page you redirect me to? It doesn't seem a bug to me by the way.
This is the section for requests I read above ...
Recipes is a special section for importing outside documents (News, journals).

You are making a Feature request.

The 'Bug report' is the place to do that, somewhere in the process, you will get to set 'Enhancement' to the report. (IMHO the front door could be clearer, but I believe the text there is only under "Launchpads' control )
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 04:41 PM   #5
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
If I remember correctly, Launchpad has some issues with the Internet Explorer, so if you're using that, you might want to try another browser.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-15-2011, 04:43 PM   #6
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manichean View Post
If I remember correctly, Launchpad has some issues with the Internet Explorer, so if you're using that, you might want to try another browser.
I find that if I am using IE8 I need to click the compatibility option to get it to work with Launchpad for creating bug reports.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 03:29 PM   #7
Jason_54
Jan from Holland

I use IE9 and Firefox. IE9 did the trick; I only had to register a new account. I assumed my Forum account was okay but it wasn't ...
Old 04-22-2011, 03:32 PM   #8
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Quote:
I only had to register a new account. I assumed my Forum account was okay but it wasn't ...
That's normal. Since the Calibre bug tracker is hosted on Launchpad, not on Mobileread, you'll have to have a Launchpad account to use it.
Apart from that, I think the feature you've asked for in this thread has already been implemented.

Last edited by Manichean; 04-22-2011 at 03:34 PM.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 05:04 PM   #9
Jason_54
Jan from Holland

[QUOTE Apart from that, I think the feature you've asked for in this thread has already been implemented.[/QUOTE]

No, it isn't. David promised it for release 8
Old 04-29-2011, 11:01 PM   #10
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
No, it isn't. David promised it for release 8
I don't know who David is but I'm running the 0.8 beta tweak and the button is there, see attached image.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	authorsort2author.jpg
Views:	219
Size:	246.6 KB
ID:	70714  

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 04-29-2011 at 11:13 PM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 12:57 PM   #11
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
I don't know who David is but I'm running the 0.8 beta tweak and the button is there, see attached image.
I see the tiny arrow, A long click shows the 2 choices.

Selecting the second does not flip the positions
Ubuntu Natty
Old 04-30-2011, 02:50 PM   #12
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
I see the tiny arrow, A long click shows the 2 choices.

Selecting the second does not flip the positions
Ubuntu Natty
The second isn't suppose to flip the positions. The second simply fills the Author field based on the Author sort field and the tweaks you may have in place. If the Author_sort is green then clicking the second option won't change a thing. As an experiment to see exactly what this option does, change the author_sort so it is pink then select the second option.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 02:58 PM   #13
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
The second isn't suppose to flip the positions. The second simply fills the Author field based on the Author sort field and the tweaks you may have in place. If the Author_sort is green then clicking the second option won't change a thing. As an experiment to see exactly what this option does, change the author_sort so it is pink then select the second option.
One slight modification to this. If the author sort tweak is set to comma and if the author name is LN, FN, then pushing this button will change the author to FN LN.

Yes, this is the wrong answer for some number of people (including me), but the right answer for some others. The problem is that 'comma' can be used to tolerate "LN, FN" names when the user really wants to use "FN LN", or it can be used to tolerate "FN LN" names when the user really wants to use "LN, FN". Without doing something like kiwidude has been agitating for (a declaration of how names are to be stored as opposed to a declaration of how author_sort is to be computed), we can't know the right transformation.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 03:44 PM   #14
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
I was already 'in the Green'
I guess the choice should disable if Green, so these questions don't appear.
(bubble help, 'Name matches Naming rules(tweak) '
Old 05-02-2011, 04:01 PM   #15
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
I don't know who David is ...
I've seen Kovid referred to as "David" a few times. At least I think they are referring to the author of Calibre when they refer to "David." I've never been able to figure out where that is coming from.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote