Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 05-31-2010, 05:01 AM   #1
PocketGoods
Banned
PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: PB360
Question What is size of IREX DR800 and DR1000

Hi guys!

I am developing a new cover for Irex readers and need urgently to know the exact size of the devices (LxBxH) in mm. Who can help me?

Last edited by PocketGoods; 05-31-2010 at 09:52 AM.
PocketGoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 05:51 AM   #2
martienne
.~^пиратка^~.
martienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: Onyx Boox M92
Check the spec at the manufacturers website!!!
Really, in my view you need to have one unit of each if you are going to be able to get it right. MEdge screwed up and I think it's a fair guess that they never actually looked at the unit they were designing a cover for.
martienne is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-31-2010, 05:58 AM   #3
HansTWN
Wizard
HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP Touchpad, Sony Duo 13, Lumia 920, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketGoods View Post
Hi guys!

I am developing a new cover for Irex readers and need urgently to know the exact size of the devices (LxBxH). Who can help me?
Make sure you use the pinholes, just like the Irex cover. I didn't like the m-edge which uses straps, that is why I still have none. The m-edge also is much too big, a cover should fit tightly and not make the device any bigger than necessary. Perhaps a cover just the Irex one, but more reasonably priced or at least another color.
HansTWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 09:22 AM   #4
PocketGoods
Banned
PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HansTWN View Post
Make sure you use the pinholes, just like the Irex cover. I didn't like the m-edge which uses straps, that is why I still have none. The m-edge also is much too big, a cover should fit tightly and not make the device any bigger than necessary. Perhaps a cover just the Irex one, but more reasonably priced or at least another color.
Thanks for tip!

I'd prefer to make it like here:
http://www.pocketgoods.de/Premium-Co...ocketbook-302/

What about size?
Old 05-31-2010, 09:37 AM   #5
PocketGoods
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by martienne View Post
Check the spec at the manufacturers website!!!
Really, in my view you need to have one unit of each if you are going to be able to get it right. MEdge screwed up and I think it's a fair guess that they never actually looked at the unit they were designing a cover for.
Hi Martienne!

I couldn't find any information about size of the device on the manufacturer's site

I'd got a unit of DR800, took tons of pics of them and gave it away. Somehow I managed to lose my notebook with the size notices ... No time to order the device again

Last edited by PocketGoods; 05-31-2010 at 09:50 AM.
Advert
Old 05-31-2010, 09:38 AM   #6
HansTWN
Wizard
HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP Touchpad, Sony Duo 13, Lumia 920, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Thanks for tip!

I'd prefer to make it like here:
http://www.pocketgoods.de/Premium-Co...ocketbook-302/

What about size?
How would that work from the left side? You have the swivel bar there. And if you only have the brackets at the very top and bottom I don't think it would be very secure. On the right side you also have to make sure that the brackets are not too deep, after all, the bezel of the 800 is very small. Better do some thorough research, or it won't work very well.

Other than that, it looks quite good. And you would need a pen holder, inside the the cover, preferably. Also remember, the European pen is thicker than the US pen. You could use brackets on the right, top and bottom. That might work well, just sliding the device in from the left. However, make sure to leave the power button and micro USB port at the bottom left uncovered. Those clear brackets would probably look ok with the Irex 800.

Using a very crude ruler (not a gauge) I measure 14.8 cm left to right, 19.2 top to bottom. The bezel is 1.5cm top, left, and bottom -- but only 1.1 on the right (meaning the bracket on the right would have to be quite small. Overall thickness is about 1cm. I am sure you can get the exact measurements off the Irex website.

Last edited by HansTWN; 05-31-2010 at 09:51 AM.
HansTWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 10:05 AM   #7
jm35
jm35 began at the beginning.

Device: iRex DR800SG
Quote:
I couldn't find any information about size of the device on the manufacturer's site
The precise dimensions for the DR800SG are at the top of this webpage: http://www.irexreader.com/specifications.html
jm35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 10:13 AM   #8
PocketGoods
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm35 View Post
The precise dimensions for the DR800SG are at the top of this webpage: http://www.irexreader.com/specifications.html
Super! I was searching on the wrong site (irextechnologies.com)
:t hanks::tha nks:

Last edited by PocketGoods; 05-31-2010 at 10:16 AM.
Old 05-31-2010, 10:34 AM   #9
jm35
jm35 began at the beginning.

Device: iRex DR800SG
You're welcome. The dimensions for the DR1000S should be in the User Manual, which is available to download from the IREX Knowledge Base: http://support.irexreader.com/s.nl/s...e.KB/KB.132/.f
jm35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 02:35 PM   #10
Loo
Loo began at the beginning.

Device: IREX DR 800
2 PocketGoods
Just a small remark. DR800 has a 'native' cover fixing feature similar to the one in SONY readers (some pictures from Ukraine http://www.b2.com.ua/catalogue/e-rea...s/coverprs300/ http://www.b2.com.ua/catalogue/e-rea...s/coverprs600/ ).
A similar clip for IREX would be preferable. And consider competitors:
https://www.irexshop.com/product_inf...products_id=82
Original cover currently has almost the same price.

Last edited by Loo; 06-01-2010 at 02:46 PM.
Loo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 04:28 PM   #11
martienne
.~^пиратка^~.
martienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshes

I want one that looks like this!
Also from Pocketshop.de

Old 06-04-2010, 02:16 AM   #12
PocketGoods
Banned

[QUOTE=martienne;937582]I want one that looks like this!
Also from Pocketshop.de

If you mean our shop www.pocketgoods.de, then visit our site in approximately two weeks again It is possible you'll find it there..
k.r.
Waldemar
Old 06-05-2010, 04:58 AM   #13
martienne
.~^пиратка^~.

Thanks PocketGoods!
Can't wait for your new cover (hopefully covers!) to become available!
I hope you'll make them in many shades of leather and colours....

Here is a screenshot from another thread. This guy ordered a cover like this from China. The design is very neat.... No bulk on the side like the M Edge leather cover has (one of the many faults of that design!!!)

If this one was available in many shades/colours of leather I'd jump at it!!