Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-13-2011, 07:52 PM   #46
simulacrum
Connoisseur
simulacrum is faster than slow light.simulacrum is faster than slow light.simulacrum is faster than slow light.simulacrum is faster than slow light.simulacrum is faster than slow light.simulacrum is faster than slow light.simulacrum is faster than slow light.simulacrum is faster than slow light.simulacrum is faster than slow light.simulacrum is faster than slow light.simulacrum is faster than slow light.

Device: PRS-950
Congrats! All these posts are great for affirming my purchasing decisions! lol.

1984 is a great book, but more relevant to the cold war era, I find. Today I find A Brave New World far more poignant as far as dystopian visions go. If you haven't read it I highly recommend it. Here's a nice comic summing up the difference between Orwell and Huxley's visions:

http://tripontheinter.net/wp-content...er_student.png

edit:.. ugh just realised how old this thread is! hahah

Last edited by simulacrum; 01-13-2011 at 07:57 PM.
simulacrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 08:07 PM   #47
Fayth
Zealot
Fayth is no ebook tyro.Fayth is no ebook tyro.Fayth is no ebook tyro.Fayth is no ebook tyro.Fayth is no ebook tyro.Fayth is no ebook tyro.Fayth is no ebook tyro.Fayth is no ebook tyro.Fayth is no ebook tyro.Fayth is no ebook tyro.

Device: Sony PRS 350
I feel the same way. I find myself wanting to repurchase all my physical book in ebook format, simply because I don't like the feel of a normal paperback anymore.
Fayth is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-14-2011, 03:12 AM   #48
mikelvdb
Enthusiast
mikelvdb has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.mikelvdb has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.mikelvdb has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: cybook gen3, cybook opus, sony prs-350, sony prs-t1
I repurchased all my preferred physical book in ebook format, because my PRS350 give me a far more better reading experience.
I recently started reading a paperback (The Codex by Douglas Preston), but after only a few pages I bought the ebook version !
mikelvdb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 03:49 AM   #49
Poppaea
Lucifer's Bat
Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by wayamauro View Post
I think what got me hooked to my new reader is the fact that it is so comfortable I do not realize it is a machine. I just bought it and the other day I was reading this book, and I gotta tell you, after I am done with one page I try to turn to the next page with my hands (yes, as if the book was real, trying to find the edge of the paper...of course I couldn't find any).
That happened like 3 times the other day, and yesterday again with a different book. Then I realize I have to push the button and not physically turn the page...
I really love it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
that's funny, cause I've done the same thing a couple of times. I'm sure I'll try to push the button on a paper back one day soon and be confused as to why the page didn't change.
Same thing over here, that's what made me buy a PRS-350 with a touchscreen. Now I am in ereaders heaven!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikelvdb View Post
I repurchased all my preferred physical book in ebook format, because my PRS350 give me a far more better reading experience.
I recently started reading a paperback (The Codex by Douglas Preston), but after only a few pages I bought the ebook version !
No, one can not go back again. Just started to buy all my favorite books as ebooks, but can't get everything I want (i.e. Fernando Pessoa)
Poppaea is offline   Reply With Quote