Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Fictionwise eBookwise

Notices

Old 03-23-2009, 10:30 PM   #1
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Using the MobileRead.com EBook Uploads (Full List) via Impserve

ROUND THREE

The MobileRead.com EBook Uploads (Full List) .html listing can be converted into .imp format AFTER it has been passed through Tidy and tweaked to make it a bit more useful.

Using eBook Publisher on the raw .html seems to fail if that .html is not first "cleaned up" with Tidy (I use Tidy GUI to accomplish this). To better utlize that file, I also delete all lines referring to any Misc, Sony, and Epub ebooks leaving just the Mobipocket and eBookwise ebooks. In addition, to add a bit of emphasis, I bold all occurences of the 'eBookwise' indicator. I then create an accompanying .opf and build the .imp ebook using eBook Publisher.

That .imp can then be transferred to your reader using Impserve and with it still running, the links within that converted .imp can then be selected to allow the instant conversion of most .prc ebooks into .imp format. This assumes that the Impserve Plugins have been properly installed, especially the PrcConverter.py.

You cannot use Impserve to convert .prc ebooks that take more than 3-5 mins processing; otherwise the network communications will time-out. In those instances, just use Mobi2IMP to convert it off-line.

Below I provide you with a sample ( mrbooks-03-20-09.html ) MobileRead.com EBook Uploads (Full List) that you can load onto your reader to start converting .prc ebooks into .imp format or just download existing .imp already uploaded.

As usual, the ebook ending in '_1200.imp' is for the REB 1200; the other '.imp' ebook is for the EBW 1150.

Next up, converting the Feedbooks.com RSS/news feeds and Calibre downloaded RSS/news feeds retrieved in mobipocket format.

Soooo many books to read, where do I find the time ...
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote